MacInsiders Logo

Does the bio 1M03 book has a white seal in the front cover?

Old 07-13-2012 at 08:55 PM   #1
cmkc109

Liked: 0 Times

Does the bio 1M03 book has a white seal in the front cover?
Does the bio 1M03 book has a white seal in the front cover? Any edition change?
Old 07-13-2012 at 09:03 PM   #2
gggggg

Liked: 53 Times

yes, it does have a white seal on it.

cmkc109 says thanks to gggggg for this post.
Old 07-13-2012 at 09:07 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

The booklist doesn't come out until August (I think 9th) so edition changes won't be known until then.

Sam-I-am likes this.
Old 07-13-2012 at 09:17 PM   #4
cmkc109

Liked: 0 Times

Really..? I already bought my textbooks for first year. If there is an edition change, can I still use my previous versions? Then how come so many people are buying textbooks already if they don't know yet if there is any edition changes
Old 07-13-2012 at 09:27 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkc109 View Post
Really..? I already bought my textbooks for first year. If there is an edition change, can I still use my previous versions? Then how come so many people are buying textbooks already if they don't know yet if there is any edition changes
First year books generally don't change much between editions. The professor may even provide the pages for previous versions. If they don't, then you'll have to figure out what sections you should be reading using the index. In the 4 years I've been at McMaster I've only heard of two instances where they changed actual books (not just the edition). Most of the time it doesn't even matter since a lot of first year students don't rely on the textbook at all. I know very few people who did learn directly from the textbook in first year.

The only thing is if editions change, the previous edition will be a lot cheaper. So if you bought a book now and it turns out to be a previous edition, you just lost quite a bit of money. Unless you can ONLY learn from a book and not from lecture, I would highly advise to buy previous editions because you would only be using the book as a reference and to solidify your understanding (Although you could also use the internet).

cmkc109, Sam-I-am all say thanks to jhan523 for this post.

Sam-I-am likes this.
Old 07-13-2012 at 09:32 PM   #6
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

i didnt use the most recent textbook for bio 1m03 this past year. i compared with a friends newest edition and 99% of it was the same. in the end though, the tests focused on lecture material. i enjoyed reading the book though.

cmkc109 says thanks to Silver for this post.
Old 07-13-2012 at 09:56 PM   #7
staceygab
Campus Store

Liked: 97 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
The booklist doesn't come out until August (I think 9th) so edition changes won't be known until then.
August 9 is indeed when the list comes out.

It's recommended that you wait until your first class to buy your books. If you want to get your books early keep in mind that at this moment only about 25% of the Instructors have let the Bookstore know what books they will be using so even if you try to buy your books early you still may end up waiting in line to pick up a book or two if your Prof submits his/her textbook list late.

5 Tips for buying textbooks http://bit.ly/wFSAf1

cmkc109, Sam-I-am all say thanks to staceygab for this post.

Sam-I-am likes this.