MacInsiders Logo

don't know what to do

Old 03-02-2013 at 11:33 PM   #1
Ponyo

Liked: 274 Times

don't know what to do
so i have 4 midterms(right after each other from mon-thursday), and 2 quizzes, next week.
i feel so stressed out, i have been studying but i feel like i don't have enough time to pay my full attention to everything. i'm scared that i'm not going to do good enough.
should i pull an all nighter ? how can i stop being anxious and stressed about next week ?
i'm not even sure what the purpose of my post is i'm just scared for next week. help please ?

anonanon987, Zebedee like this.
Old 03-03-2013 at 12:47 AM   #2
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

nothing you can do will really take the stress away to be honest. i find the best strategy is to just take it day by day. for me, i just make sure i remind myself after each day, only 3 more days of this, then 2 more, then 1. An all nighter might not be the best idea with 4 in 4 days, but i would recommend studying until at least 1 or 2 am each night. good luck!

nadinee, Ponyo, rsakura like this.
Old 03-03-2013 at 12:57 AM   #3
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

youre prob just scared because you havent experienced this yet. if youve been studyin well then you should be fine. you still got loads of time if you think about. 6 hours/day for each test should be much more than enough at this point. gl

Ponyo likes this.
Old 03-03-2013 at 01:02 AM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Make a schedule. Remember to take some short breaks inbetween

jim1, Ponyo, shreebee like this.
Old 03-03-2013 at 05:45 AM   #5
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Make sure you sleep. If you skip sleep to study, you won't be doing anyone a favour.
And I know how to feel. I had three mid-terms last week, two quizzes, presentation...
And this week, I have two midterms, a test, a presentation, and an assignment due...
Makes me wonder what I'm doing on here...:.)
But just stick with it. Things will work out. Plan something fun for the weekend.

Old 03-03-2013
AvacadoLover
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 03-03-2013 at 09:07 AM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Having a week or two like that is all part of university. The more you have weeks like that, the less they'll stress you out. Last week I had three midterms, a lab, and four assignments on top of 9-5 classes. It sucks, but doesn't bother me nearly as much as it would have if I was in first year. You figure out how you best deal with situations like that, and it takes some getting used to as well.

Ponyo likes this.
Old 03-03-2013 at 09:55 AM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

If you'd studied effectively during the semester, consecutive midterms shouldn't matter... :/
Old 03-03-2013 at 10:21 AM   #8
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
If you'd studied effectively during the semester, consecutive midterms shouldn't matter... :/
Sounds about right...having weeks where you have several midterms, assignments due and so on and so forth..normalizes a lot of things for you.
Old 03-03-2013 at 10:42 AM   #9
honey20

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Last week I had 4 labs and 3 midterms all back to back and I still made it. How? The reason being I had calmed myself down by telling me it's gonna be alright, plus I had a solid schedule. One piece of advice, don't pull an all-nighter, it never does any good. Sleep a bit, doesn't matter sleep for like two-three hours but do refresh yourself.

Ponyo says thanks to honey20 for this post.

Ponyo, Zebedee like this.
Old 03-03-2013 at 11:46 AM   #10
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Just do one thing at a time, because that's all you can do. Remember to keep eating and sleeping (my personal downfall during rough weeks) and maybe take an hour a day to do something you want to do as a break. Maybe study with friends, that can make it a bit easier. Remember that it will be over soon, and definitely plan a day to sleep in and have fun on the weekend. Realize that all you can do is your best and that you don't have to do perfectly on every midterm.

Ponyo likes this.
Old 03-03-2013 at 12:16 PM   #11
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

All you need is just someone to tell you everything is going to be okay. Someone to tell you that you that you're practically superman. You can do anything you set your mind to. ...I was going through that a little over a month ago, I had an essay due at 11:59pm, and I called one of my friends at around 6, freaking out, saying that it was impossible for me to write a decent essay in 6 hours.. and she said something like .. "I know you. you could write 5 amazing essays in 6 hours if you wanted to."
Once you have the motivation and you genuinely believe that you can get through it, you'll start being able to concentrate. Once that happens, you'll get through it in no time, and afterwards, it'll feel amazing.
P.s.. a month and a half till freedom!

Ponyo says thanks to SweetyTweety for this post.

Zebedee likes this.
Old 03-03-2013 at 12:37 PM   #12
alee90

Liked: 57 Times

Get off macinsiders and do some heavy studying! And then only come here for small breaks

I've had my fair shares of all-nighters in the past, and while it seems like a great idea, getting a decent amount of sleep and eating properly will do wonders for you. Without eating, your mind is going to be thinking about food during the test and without sleep, you will not be able to retain everything you've reviewed/studied for.

Best of luck and the cram periods only get easier from here!

Ponyo, Zebedee like this.
Old 03-03-2013 at 03:03 PM   #13
Ponyo

Liked: 274 Times

i can't study with my friends because they talk a lot, and SweetyTweety i kept telling my self i can do it and so far i'm on schedule !
thanks for all the great advice everybody
i have been studying, and i actually feel a lot calmer.
i don't think i'm gonna need to pull an all nighter at least not today :p

alee90 its break time now, don't tell me to get off macinsiders :/

Last edited by Ponyo : 03-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.

alee90 likes this.
Old 03-03-2013 at 03:08 PM   #14
exuberant888

Liked: 55 Times

Getting off during breaks is a very good way to unwind and calm the nerves :p

alee90 likes this.