GO Bus N00B question. huzaifa47 General Discussion 21 10-23-2009 12:11 PM

Don't be a n00b!

Old 06-24-2009 at 03:48 PM   #16
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I dunno, to me it's like...the original (Well, Brood War) is so well balanced that any attempt to modify it will lessen the balance...there's a reason people still play it, even though it's graphically inferior, etc. and that's because Blizzard got it right.
I don't know, I've always found Protoss to be the most rigged in the game (they're probably in reality just the easiest to play decently without a great strategy :p).

I saw some gameplay videos of the Starcraft 2, and they threw in a lot of stuff, that like you said, may throw off the balance. For example, you can now teleport guys through pylons, and protoss have a new unit which resembles the tripod in War of the Worlds and seems pretty unstoppable... lol
Old 06-24-2009 at 03:58 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Yeah, I like Protoss as well. Zerg rushes are also really cheap on low numbered free-for-alls.
Old 06-24-2009 at 04:35 PM   #18
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

The only game type I used to play online on Starcraft was that Cat vs. Mouse version haha. That was really fun. Also cant wait for Starcraft 2 to come out, it looks awesome.
Old 06-24-2009 at 04:46 PM   #19
jeffgreen

Liked: 8 Times

I don't know how much the paying for WOW influenced their bottom line by getting basic revenues as it was playing on how cheap their players were - at such a minimal fee they felt like they had to play it rediculus amounts to get their money's worth. it made them a killing, and got people hooked - but do you think that model works with SC2?
Old 06-24-2009 at 10:39 PM   #20
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

The way I see it, since Blizz charges for both, the game and a monthly fee (for WoW), then it's basic math:

Software Fee + Monthly Fee > Software Fee Alone

They've got a monopoly...so I think most of their player base will remain even with a monthly fee (certainly in the case of WoW).

I just figure Blizz, who used to be one of my favourite developers, is getting kinda power hungry and their success is going to their head.

I hope you're right...and that this mentality stays within the administration for WoW, and doesn't go to SC2...I mean, in theory it shouldn't, since WoW requires so many full time GMs and a Battle.net kind of setup shouldn't...

But I don't know. Maximizing profit's a different story.

------------------

As for Protoss being imbalanced, it's a bit easier to build with since it doesn't require active use of a peon to build (unlike terran, or zerg which worse still, uses up a peon), so you can dedicate one probe to building everything...But with other races, if you continually build units to compensate you should end up ok.

I personally like Terran the best because they have a really nice balance between ground and air troops...plus comsats make Dark Templars and such useless. Since I like them the best, I find I wind up playing the best, building the fastest, etc...when I select Terran as opposed to Toss.

Last edited by Mowicz : 06-24-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-24-2009 at 10:42 PM   #21
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

World of Warcraft was a sick way to burn off two years of your life.
Old 06-24-2009 at 10:44 PM   #22
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
World of Warcraft was a sick way to burn off two years of your life.
Man, I've lost so many friends to that game... it's not even funny.
Old 06-24-2009 at 10:46 PM   #23
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Man, I've lost so many friends to that game... it's not even funny.
I'm surprised I got into University while playing WoW to be honest.
Old 06-26-2009 at 10:25 AM   #24
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Blizzard makes some pretty good games, but I'm currently playing a very popular game among kids your ages boys and girls. I'm sure you guys may have heard of it: It's known as Windows Minesweepers.

It's quite fun!
Old 06-26-2009 at 10:34 AM   #25
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
Blizzard makes some pretty good games, but I'm currently playing a very popular game among kids your ages boys and girls. I'm sure you guys may have heard of it: It's known as Windows Minesweepers.

It's quite fun!
lol, I hate that game. It's almost as boring as playing cards. I have a friend from my old school on my msn list that requests me to play it pretty much everyday too... so annoying.
Old 06-26-2009 at 10:45 AM   #26
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Lol, minesweepers is such a time killer. Not the msn one, I like the one on windows.
Old 06-26-2009 at 10:50 AM   #27
PTGregD
Elite Member

Minesweepers is definitely pretty fun sometimes haha.
Old 06-26-2009 at 11:54 AM   #28
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

A must see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8N...f eature=fvst

Alex McColl says thanks to Mowicz for this post.
Old 06-26-2009 at 03:04 PM   #29
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post

Lol, I remember watching that. So awesome ^-^
Old 06-26-2009 at 03:28 PM   #30
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

CoD 4 was awesome when it first came out, but just like any other XBL game, it became boring after them halof_gs came to play, and hence, a result of all those terms being made up D=

Right now, I'm passing the time with some Zombie games =3
Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, and Resident Evil 5. Nothing beats the fun beating a zombie over the head with a baseball bat, or throwing novelty masks over the heads of hapless zombies and taking a snap shot of the tom-foolery =D