MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone else hate this. Rakim General Discussion 10 01-11-2011 07:05 PM
Why does everyone hate me so much? Rakim General Discussion 61 11-03-2010 07:57 PM
Why does Mac hate us? :-( janeller General Discussion 34 07-24-2009 10:21 PM
Don't Hate, Appreciate!! ferreinm Misc 2 08-28-2008 06:25 PM

Don't you hate it when you think you did well but you didn't?!

Old 10-21-2011 at 06:35 PM   #16
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
i hate it when people get like 80s or 90s+ and they say they did bad
come on ur not in highschool any more
Its actually a 75.... sooo not that great if you ask me. are your standards lower or wat. besides this post was just for jokes i just wanted to see how other ppl thought wen they did worse than wat was expected cuz wen u come out of the test and ppl ask how how it was, your all like mannnnn that was easy actually, but then BAM it hits you...
Old 10-21-2011 at 06:53 PM   #17
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

well i failed my midterm.. so yea

Desda likes this.
Old 10-21-2011 at 07:08 PM   #18
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

75% isn't that bad at all, don't worry about it. I've gotten much worse on midterms (51%) and still managed to pull a great mark in the course. It does suck when you think you did well and your mark isn't that great - but 75% is pretty good!
Old 10-21-2011 at 08:28 PM   #19
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

on topic i agree, i hate the feeling when youve over estimated your self and you find out you didnt do that well...

usually what i do is ill go back over the test at the end and mark off every question i was hesitant about, that way ill know the absolute minimun ill get ( i just tried it out this year, so well find out if it works or not in a week or two when i get my marks back) but yea.....

at the same time i dont like the feeling when you go over the test and you find that there were more questions than you thought that you were hesitant on which makes it all the worse cus the agonizing wait to see if you actually did do that bad or maybe betteR?
Old 10-21-2011 at 08:52 PM   #20
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

On the other hand....don't you love it when you think you did really bad and end up do amazing?! haha

Old 10-21-2011 at 09:07 PM   #21
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

I always do what Chevalier does. If there's a remote chance it's wrong, I'll assume it is. Also, this test was out of 12 questions ಠ_ಠ ? I'm pretty sure there were 25 last year and for a few years before that as well.

Last edited by RememberTwce : 10-21-2011 at 09:11 PM.

britb, Faer like this.
Old 10-21-2011 at 09:09 PM   #22
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Yeah, I try to do that too. If I'm the least bit hesitant - MARK IT WRONG. Unless I'd like a little boost, then I err on the side of uncaution.

Also, did you know that was an Accounting rule? Overestimate your losses, underestimate your profits. Heh, fun fact of the day.

RememberTwce likes this.
Old 10-21-2011 at 09:45 PM   #23
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
Yeah, I try to do that too. If I'm the least bit hesitant - MARK IT WRONG. Unless I'd like a little boost, then I err on the side of uncaution.

Also, did you know that was an Accounting rule? Overestimate your losses, underestimate your profits. Heh, fun fact of the day.
its called Conservatism

Faer, RememberTwce like this.
Old 10-21-2011 at 10:30 PM   #24
Christ

Liked: 9 Times

I got 8 wrong LOL I was upset at first but no use worrying about what's done. You still have one more worth 20% plus the exam, and other extra stuff so don't worry!
Old 10-21-2011 at 10:37 PM   #25
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfitsp View Post
Its actually a 75.... sooo not that great if you ask me. are your standards lower or wat. besides this post was just for jokes i just wanted to see how other ppl thought wen they did worse than wat was expected cuz wen u come out of the test and ppl ask how how it was, your all like mannnnn that was easy actually, but then BAM it hits you...
this reminds me when i walked out of my econ 1b03 and my 1p03 thinking i aced them

unfortunately avenue says other wise :(

omgwtfitsp, RyanC like this.
Old 10-21-2011 at 10:58 PM   #26
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
I always do what Chevalier does. If there's a remote chance it's wrong, I'll assume it is. Also, this test was out of 12 questions ಠ_ಠ ? I'm pretty sure there were 25 last year and for a few years before that as well.

loool naww the chem mid term was 25 questions loooll why is everyone saying its not??? I did the test myself so I should know haha. besides if last years test had 25 questions how can they just suddenly reduce it to 12! right??
Old 10-21-2011 at 11:00 PM   #27
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I got 8 wrong LOL I was upset at first but no use worrying about what's done. You still have one more worth 20% plus the exam, and other extra stuff so don't worry!
yea you're right. i wasn't sulking about it at all. its funny cuz back in high school id be pissed at myself for getting a few things wrong on tests. i kinda shrugged this one off and literally said to myself "i guess i'll hafto try harder next time" which is weird cuz I NEVER EVER do that

: )

good luck to both of us on our next one
Old 10-21-2011 at 11:01 PM   #28
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
this reminds me when i walked out of my econ 1b03 and my 1p03 thinking i aced them

unfortunately avenue says other wise :(
same here man
Old 10-21-2011 at 11:04 PM   #29
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfitsp View Post
loool naww the chem mid term was 25 questions loooll why is everyone saying its not??? I did the test myself so I should know haha. besides if last years test had 25 questions how can they just suddenly reduce it to 12! right??
I just assumed it was 12 questions because you said you got 3 wrong and got 75%.
Old 10-21-2011 at 11:22 PM   #30
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
I just assumed it was 12 questions because you said you got 3 wrong and got 75%.
It's probably because of the three-markers...remember those? S/he got those right, so that probably boosted the mark.

Wait, no, that doesn't make sense....

How DID you get 75% when you got only three questions wrong?