100%100%100%
Service
100%100%100%
Overall Experience
100%100%100%
Average 96%
Dragon Court

Dragon Court is a gem!
Located right across the street from the Shoppers Drug Mart in Westdale; a short skip and a jump from campus!

The food was great, I went with my fiancé and my roommate. We opted for getting three dishes and splitting them. We ordered the Lemon Chicken, the BBQ Pork Chow Mein and the Pan Fried Beef and Rice Noodle. The server was very accommodating and the atmosphere was amazing! This place used to be a pub and now it has changed to a relaxed yet classy little restaurant!

I suggest it ANY time you get bored of your daily routine! The portions are good and the prices are decent for what you get. We paid 39 and change for 3 people with 3 dishes and non-alcoholic drinks.

adrian, Isabel, Raki all say thanks to kokosas for this post.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Dragon Court!

Old 12-03-2008 at 04:24 PM   #2
Mintie
Faculty: Other
Year: Other

Liked: 0 Times
May be just my taste, but I do not like this restaurant much
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 01-04-2009 at 03:12 AM   #3
Raki
Faculty: Humanities
Year: Alumni

Bland cuisine
I only visited the Dragon Court once and found the food bland, minimally seasoned and uninteresting fare. Haven't returned but 'chacun a son gout'.
Old 01-04-2009 at 05:58 PM   #4
nn1960
Faculty: Health Sciences
Year: First

I definitely do not agree with the 1st review. The food and and service was so so.

Old 01-04-2009 at 06:04 PM   #5
adrian
Elite Member
Program: Software Engineering
Year: McMaster Employee
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 143 Times
Okay
It was ok for food and stuff, but a funny thing happened:
When it was time for dessert, I asked the waiter what she would recommend. She says "Coconut tarts." I go "alright." She brings me a macaroon . They had so many cakes I could have chosen from and I got a damn macaroon. Some of that is my fault, but come on, THAT's what she suggested from all the cakes?
Old 07-21-2009 at 08:30 PM   #6
Meejo
Faculty: Arts & Science

Wow. It definitely isn't as good as the 10's and 9's described by the first post, but it also isn't as bad as the 4's and 5's described by the others.

The taste is quite authentic, although not as good as some of the classic Chinese restaurants in Scarborough (Toronto). A dish I'd definitely recommend there is the black pepper beef, which I think is actually tenderloin (that's what it says in the Chinese menu anyway).

The only complaint I would have is the price. But then again, I live in Scarborough where the Chinese restaurant market is competitive as hell.

It's a decent place worth checking out.
Old 06-02-2010 at 03:36 PM   #7
erinterpol
Program: Philosophy

lovely setting, and the food was great.
would definitely go again.
Old 06-02-2010 at 09:05 PM   #8
vivian.sand

Liked: 1 Time
I heard it's kinda good.
Old 07-31-2010 at 02:40 PM   #9
Isabel
Program: BioPsych
Year: Fourth
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 3 Times
Great food for cheap!
A friend and I went to this restaurant to grab a quick lunch. We were very happy with the choice we made! She had been previously during the dinner hours and had said the portions were so large you needed to share (which isn't always great for people with different tastes) but for lunch they offered a different menu. A $8.50 for a meal neither of us could finish (we doggy-bagged the rest), we were very pleased.

However, my friend complained about the lack of spice in her food so if you're one for spice, not such a great choice.

The atmosphere was pleasantly quiet, the seating arrangements extremely comfortable and the service very fast. Of course, remember this was the lunch hour in a restaurant known for it's dinner, so quiet and speedy kinda come with the deal.

They don't accept Mastercard though.
Old 08-21-2010 at 02:40 AM   #10
p.lau
Program: Commerce
Year: Third

Liked: Liked 8 Times
it looks really nice and has got a great atmosphere too!! i usually get pretty good service, but i do think it's a little overpriced
Old 04-28-2011 at 12:21 AM   #11
s133

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.lau View Post
it looks really nice and has got a great atmosphere too!! i usually get pretty good service, but i do think it's a little overpriced
i love it
Old 05-04-2011 at 12:58 AM   #12
huangb5
Year: Alumni

I have Chinese food all the time and at the Dragon Court, it is not that great for what they charge. The best thing there that I tried was the Ma Po Tofu, it was pretty delicious, other than that everything was mediocre.
Old 02-17-2015 at 04:10 AM   #13
Erskine12

Hey!I Really like it....

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search