MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-19-2011 at 01:46 PM   #16
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I thought the whole drifting fad peaked and basically died out half a decade ago...
i dont think it will die
just go to saudi and at 2pm when school is finished just listen for the drifting noises
Old 04-19-2011 at 02:05 PM   #17
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

So how is your channel a comedy channel? The only comedic thing I've seen is your repeated attempts to promote your channel on MI, yet again.

Afzal, AmyLia, pavlov like this.
Old 04-19-2011 at 02:09 PM   #18
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjager View Post
So how is your channel a comedy channel? The only comedic thing I've seen is your repeated attempts to promote your channel on MI, yet again.
check my first vid
I changed it a bit to a top 10 series now
Old 04-19-2011 at 02:14 PM   #19
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
check my first vid
I changed it a bit to a top 10 series now
My statement still stands true.

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 04-19-2011 at 02:18 PM   #20
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Take it to the track, not the freeway. It's a lot safer, and you can drift properly. Not just stupid-ass fishtails on a straight.

Oh, and next time you try to make a video like this......get some proper drifting cars, not ****ing family sedans.

Last edited by Buszaj : 04-19-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-19-2011 at 02:54 PM   #21

Liked: 31 Times

You clearly know nothing about drifting. Some of those videos weren't even drifting such as the Lambo that is only peeling out and from a dead stop! There is nothing impressive about these videos except maybe the two-wheeling. They are done in EXTREMELY dangerous conditions. Many are done with front-wheel drive cars, and popping the e-brake at high speed is again not impressive, nor is scanadavian flicks that send the car into a 720. The ones who spun out are DAMN lucky their tires didn't catch while spinning since they were sliding not drifting (Drifting involves putting power down while you slide). They could have easily flipped the cars and several of them came VERY close. I suggest you watch some D1 or professional drifting to get an idea of the difference between good driving technique and whatever the kids are doing in Saudi. Obviously in the opinion of you and your friends, life is cheap there and other people don't mean anything.

Watch this video for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUY5V...eature=related
This is what drifting SHOULD look like. And the type of venue where it is acceptable to do. What you really need to notice is the one most important thing that your video of drifting lacked... CONTROL OF THE CAR! Oscillating the car side to side and jabbing at the E-brake just causes instability. It takes skill to execute a prolonged and controlled slide.

Also you might want to sort out what cars you actually like. You say Lambo Gallardo and then show pictures of the Reventon, which is mechanically based on a Murcielago, and then you show a picture of a Diablo, which went out of production a few years before the Gallardo was even released... And you threw in a Kia Optima, which, while I really like the tiger nose design, is more so out of place than the A5. Finally the McLaren SLR is out of production as well and replaced with the MUCH better looking (in my opinion) M.B. SLS AMG which no longer looks like an overcompensation mobile with a 10 foot hood.

AmyLia, temptingf8 all say thanks to 19841984 for this post.

Old 04-19-2011 at 02:56 PM   #22
pavlov

Liked: 72 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19841984 View Post
You clearly know nothing about drifting.
Well clearly he doesn't. There is only so much drifting you can do with a 2 wheel carriage and a donkey
Old 04-19-2011 at 02:57 PM   #23

Liked: 31 Times

P.S. there are many on this forum and all over the internet who are actual car enthusiasts. It takes a little more than a hacked together showcase of crappy videos to make people who know a thing or two about cars think for a second that you know what the hell you are talking about. Oh and many people love Lambo Diablo's too, the difference is they actually know what car they're looking at when they see them!
Old 04-19-2011 at 03:58 PM   #24
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19841984 View Post
You clearly know nothing about drifting. Some of those videos weren't even drifting such as the Lambo that is only peeling out and from a dead stop! There is nothing impressive about these videos except maybe the two-wheeling. They are done in EXTREMELY dangerous conditions. Many are done with front-wheel drive cars, and popping the e-brake at high speed is again not impressive, nor is scanadavian flicks that send the car into a 720. The ones who spun out are DAMN lucky their tires didn't catch while spinning since they were sliding not drifting (Drifting involves putting power down while you slide). They could have easily flipped the cars and several of them came VERY close. I suggest you watch some D1 or professional drifting to get an idea of the difference between good driving technique and whatever the kids are doing in Saudi. Obviously in the opinion of you and your friends, life is cheap there and other people don't mean anything.

Watch this video for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUY5V...eature=related
This is what drifting SHOULD look like. And the type of venue where it is acceptable to do. What you really need to notice is the one most important thing that your video of drifting lacked... CONTROL OF THE CAR! Oscillating the car side to side and jabbing at the E-brake just causes instability. It takes skill to execute a prolonged and controlled slide.

Also you might want to sort out what cars you actually like. You say Lambo Gallardo and then show pictures of the Reventon, which is mechanically based on a Murcielago, and then you show a picture of a Diablo, which went out of production a few years before the Gallardo was even released... And you threw in a Kia Optima, which, while I really like the tiger nose design, is more so out of place than the A5. Finally the McLaren SLR is out of production as well and replaced with the MUCH better looking (in my opinion) M.B. SLS AMG which no longer looks like an overcompensation mobile with a 10 foot hood.

Pwned. This man speaks the truth.
Old 04-19-2011 at 04:01 PM   #25
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
haha sorry to disappoint you

wow man This time i actually got some likes lol but ppl plz stop disliking it it will hurt its image
Don't post your videos if you don't appreciate people's opinions and get it through your head that your videos are not good enough to deserve an automatic "Like".
Old 04-19-2011 at 04:17 PM   #26
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

You do realize your subscription count (based on sub for subs) will not help you get to a partner anytime faster?

Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean, but even my little sister doesn't do that.
Old 04-19-2011 at 04:50 PM   #27
SmSm

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
i dont think it will die
just go to saudi and at 2pm when school is finished just listen for the drifting noises
By the way, are you Saudi?
Old 04-19-2011 at 04:57 PM   #28
lux

Liked: 318 Times

I actually found this really sick drift on youtube. This guy has really slick wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWAEdZ4jVv0
Old 04-19-2011 at 05:40 PM   #29
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

This guy should get banned or these his threads should get deleted.

This is just advertising in a lame attempt to try and get views. Advertising in the forums is against MI rules.

Cliu91, L'Étoile, maclover, RememberTwce, Revolution1, Toast all say thanks to Scuderia for this post.

Old 04-19-2011 at 05:50 PM   #30
maclover

Liked: 55 Times

To the OP:

wow dude I just realized how lame you are in your attempt to get more views. you opened up the MacLipDub account on youtube rite? And you used that account to promote your top 10 cars video and say nice things about your video? God knows how many accounts you opened up and tried to say good things about your video. Won't work lol...

Posted By mfattal
Because I got Mcmasterlipdub channel and...

Because I got Mcmasterlipdub channel and macLipDub channel as well

thought they would need it because UBC has UBSLIPDUB

oh well

ikantsepll, RememberTwce like this.