MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-19-2011 at 05:51 PM   #31
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19841984 View Post
You clearly know nothing about drifting. Some of those videos weren't even drifting such as the Lambo that is only peeling out and from a dead stop! There is nothing impressive about these videos except maybe the two-wheeling. They are done in EXTREMELY dangerous conditions. Many are done with front-wheel drive cars, and popping the e-brake at high speed is again not impressive, nor is scanadavian flicks that send the car into a 720. The ones who spun out are DAMN lucky their tires didn't catch while spinning since they were sliding not drifting (Drifting involves putting power down while you slide). They could have easily flipped the cars and several of them came VERY close. I suggest you watch some D1 or professional drifting to get an idea of the difference between good driving technique and whatever the kids are doing in Saudi. Obviously in the opinion of you and your friends, life is cheap there and other people don't mean anything.

Watch this video for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUY5V...eature=related
This is what drifting SHOULD look like. And the type of venue where it is acceptable to do. What you really need to notice is the one most important thing that your video of drifting lacked... CONTROL OF THE CAR! Oscillating the car side to side and jabbing at the E-brake just causes instability. It takes skill to execute a prolonged and controlled slide.

Also you might want to sort out what cars you actually like. You say Lambo Gallardo and then show pictures of the Reventon, which is mechanically based on a Murcielago, and then you show a picture of a Diablo, which went out of production a few years before the Gallardo was even released... And you threw in a Kia Optima, which, while I really like the tiger nose design, is more so out of place than the A5. Finally the McLaren SLR is out of production as well and replaced with the MUCH better looking (in my opinion) M.B. SLS AMG which no longer looks like an overcompensation mobile with a 10 foot hood.
Wow... just wow.
note to self, never talk about cars, this guy will own you.
Old 04-19-2011 at 06:00 PM   #32
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclover View Post
To the OP:

wow dude I just realized how lame you are in your attempt to get more views. you opened up the MacLipDub account on youtube rite? And you used that account to promote your top 10 cars video and say nice things about your video? God knows how many accounts you opened up and tried to say good things about your video. Won't work lol...

Posted By mfattal
Because I got Mcmasterlipdub channel and...

Because I got Mcmasterlipdub channel and macLipDub channel as well

thought they would need it because UBC has UBSLIPDUB

oh well

mfattal.........

No wonder you actually have some likes on your videos..

Cliu91, ikantsepll, L'Étoile like this.
Old 04-19-2011 at 06:15 PM   #33
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

To bring up the quality of this thread, I will insert footage of me ACTUALLY doing some real racing, bitches. Legally sanctioned and super ****ing fun.

Autocross:

1/4 mile Drag Strip in Michigan:

My brother at autocross:
Old 04-19-2011 at 07:50 PM   #34
Jman.

Liked: 14 Times

Drifting will never cease to amaze me with how ridiculous it is, same with sidewall surfing, since both make you look like a tool to anyone over twenty and destroy your tires in the process. Though at the same time it's usually ricer owners that do it and they obviously don't care about looking ridiculous with their glowing lowered celicas with exhausts that sound like trumpets.

AmyLia, myroodle like this.
Old 04-19-2011 at 08:47 PM   #35
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

With the exception of maybe one guy, all I see is a bunch of idiots ruining their cars with the potential to cause serious harm to the other drivers...

Also, this isn't Saudi...go advertise on Saudi websites where similarly-minded people may think this is "cool" too...tho I'd really like to believe the world hasn't come to such a state of stupidity...

L'Étoile says thanks to AmyLia for this post.

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 04-19-2011 at 08:49 PM   #36
AmyLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman. View Post
Drifting will never cease to amaze me with how ridiculous it is, same with sidewall surfing, since both make you look like a tool to anyone over twenty and destroy your tires in the process. Though at the same time it's usually ricer owners that do it and they obviously don't care about looking ridiculous with their glowing lowered celicas with exhausts that sound like trumpets.

Speaking of trumpet exhausts, there are some dumbasses in my neighbourhood with modified cars that race down the streets (I live in the suburbs fyi) at 2am and wake everyone up...I can't stand people like that.
Old 04-19-2011 at 08:49 PM   #37
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

I am seriously shocked no one got killed in those clips.

Old 04-19-2011 at 10:16 PM   #38
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLia View Post
Speaking of trumpet exhausts, there are some dumbasses in my neighbourhood with modified cars that race down the streets (I live in the suburbs fyi) at 2am and wake everyone up...I can't stand people like that.
I'm debating Magnaflows on my car. Sorry in advance!

*Tim Allen grunt*

Old 04-19-2011 at 10:43 PM   #39
AmyLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptingf8 View Post
I'm debating Magnaflows on my car. Sorry in advance!

*Tim Allen grunt*

Lmao! I don't have a problem with it in general...it's your car, do whatever u want to it lol. Just as long as you take it somewhere where people aren't sleeping, and it's not a small street so close to houses that you could potentially crash into, it's all good.
Old 04-19-2011 at 11:05 PM   #40
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
I made a top 10 I got these clips from friends here

dont tell me these drifts are crap

I dare any of u to do like the guy did on the free way or the #2 one or even number #1
When in my post did I say those drifts are crap?

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Last edited by Boolean : 04-19-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2011 at 12:12 AM   #41
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolean View Post
No need to defend yourself......they are crap.

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 04-20-2011 at 01:20 AM   #42
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclover View Post
To the OP:

wow dude I just realized how lame you are in your attempt to get more views. you opened up the MacLipDub account on youtube rite? And you used that account to promote your top 10 cars video and say nice things about your video? God knows how many accounts you opened up and tried to say good things about your video. Won't work lol...

Posted By mfattal
Because I got Mcmasterlipdub channel and...

Because I got Mcmasterlipdub channel and macLipDub channel as well

thought they would need it because UBC has UBSLIPDUB

oh well

Seriously dude? Thats pretty sad.

Also MacLipDub will be feature on MacTV. So we don't need those usernames.
Old 04-20-2011 at 04:07 AM   #43
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post

yes these 2 accs are mine

the more rating and views the vid gets the higher it will appear on searches

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmSm View Post
By the way, are you Saudi?
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
You do realize your subscription count (based on sub for subs) will not help you get to a partner anytime faster?

Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean, but even my little sister doesn't do that.
I am not doing sub 4 sub some people are just asking me
only like 100 of them are sub for sub rest are friends and random ppl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
I am seriously shocked no one got killed in those clips.
people do get seriously hurt but these are edited

i will show top 10 crashes too lol

thanks for the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolean View Post

sorry for mis understanding

Last edited by mfattal : 04-20-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 04-20-2011 at 04:12 AM   #44
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19841984 View Post
You clearly know nothing about drifting. Some of those videos weren't even drifting such as the Lambo that is only peeling out and from a dead stop! There is nothing impressive about these videos except maybe the two-wheeling. They are done in EXTREMELY dangerous conditions. Many are done with front-wheel drive cars, and popping the e-brake at high speed is again not impressive, nor is scanadavian flicks that send the car into a 720. The ones who spun out are DAMN lucky their tires didn't catch while spinning since they were sliding not drifting (Drifting involves putting power down while you slide). They could have easily flipped the cars and several of them came VERY close. I suggest you watch some D1 or professional drifting to get an idea of the difference between good driving technique and whatever the kids are doing in Saudi. Obviously in the opinion of you and your friends, life is cheap there and other people don't mean anything.

Watch this video for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUY5V...eature=related
This is what drifting SHOULD look like. And the type of venue where it is acceptable to do. What you really need to notice is the one most important thing that your video of drifting lacked... CONTROL OF THE CAR! Oscillating the car side to side and jabbing at the E-brake just causes instability. It takes skill to execute a prolonged and controlled slide.

Also you might want to sort out what cars you actually like. You say Lambo Gallardo and then show pictures of the Reventon, which is mechanically based on a Murcielago, and then you show a picture of a Diablo, which went out of production a few years before the Gallardo was even released... And you threw in a Kia Optima, which, while I really like the tiger nose design, is more so out of place than the A5. Finally the McLaren SLR is out of production as well and replaced with the MUCH better looking (in my opinion) M.B. SLS AMG which no longer looks like an overcompensation mobile with a 10 foot hood.
I agree with you
but remember that these drifters are all around 17-25
and they just do it as a hobby unlike the dude in ur vid where he does it for a living
as I said for the top 10 looking cars its just an opinion video
and who the **** changed my pic :(
Old 04-20-2011 at 04:19 AM   #45
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post

I know I was gona give the pass and thing to the admin of the fb page

but w/e

and yes I admit its sad but I just tried to increase the comments in it so it would show one of the top videos in searches