MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-21-2008 at 04:13 PM   #1
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

Dryers
I live in Hedden, and I was wondering if anyone else (in this residence or others) noticed that the dryers here dont dry stuff very well.

I personally have to spilt up my wash load into 2, and dry them each twice (1.5 hours of drying total) before my stuff isn't damp any more.

I end up spending $7.50 every time I do a load of laundry. Anyone else having this same problem? Is it maybe better in other residences?
Old 09-21-2008 at 04:17 PM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Nope, I had the same problem in first year too. Most people get a drying rack from ikea or something (make sure it's a metal one, the wooden ones fall apart) and use that for lighter items that will easily dry over night.

Old 09-21-2008 at 08:22 PM   #3
jmbauman
Union Market Manager

Liked: 32 Times

another thing is to have laundry parties! It sounds lame, but the dryers take a while to warm up, so they're better if you use them consecutively
Old 09-21-2008 at 09:01 PM   #4
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

this is y u go home each weekend to wash your stuff..and use the uni's washers in case of an emergency (e.g. a dude hammered out of his mind barfs on your bedsheets lol)

Old 09-21-2008 at 09:25 PM   #5
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

For me it costs about 30 bucks for tansit home on theweekend so deffinately not worth saving $7.50 lol
Old 09-21-2008 at 10:14 PM   #6
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

I've never thought of having a dryer party.

Old 09-22-2008 at 05:38 PM   #7
hmac

Liked: 0 Times

I live in Hedden too, and so far I haven't had any problems with the dryers. There was only one huge load of laundry that was a tiny bit damp, but they've been working perfectly on the first try. What setting do you have it on? If you're having problems, maybe just putting it on high heat would help...