MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-07-2008 at 11:38 PM   #1
Ruggedman

Liked: 0 Times

E O W
Iv noticed on that some people have E O W written in red letters above some classes on their schedules.

What does this mean and are u supposed to have it, because i dont?
Old 08-07-2008 at 11:44 PM   #2
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

EOW=Every other week

If you don't have it then all your labs and tutorials occur every week. EOW means that you do it one week and the next week you don't. They alternate.

Chad, Joey all say thanks to mitch for this post.
Old 08-08-2008 at 12:03 AM   #3
Ruggedman

Liked: 0 Times

Alright thanks, and how do you know if you have a drop-in tutorial as opposed to a regular one? if such a thing exsists.

Does is say on your schedule or are you advised just to attend all of them
Old 08-08-2008 at 12:07 AM   #4
mitch
Elite Member

I'm not sure if it says that on your schedule or not. It might. Don't worry about it though. They'll let you know when you begin classes. Sometimes classes even have labs or tutorials that you don't know about until classes start and then they tell you! But I don't think you'll have that trouble.
Old 08-08-2008 at 12:07 AM   #5
Talon89

Liked: 14 Times

From what I've read, I believe that you learn about drop-in tutorials from your prof? Correct me if I'm wrong on this one.
Old 08-08-2008 at 01:40 AM   #6
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

Yup! pretty much, the prof will inform you of when drop in tutorials are..or sometimes it says on the timetable. I remember CHEM 1E03 had drop in tut and it said it on the actual timetable ...woot engineering!!
Old 08-08-2008 at 10:10 PM   #7
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch View Post
EOW=Every other week

If you don't have it then all your labs and tutorials occur every week. EOW means that you do it one week and the next week you don't. They alternate.
just wondering, for EOW.. how do you know it's this week as opposed to the other week? or do they tell you this during core..? lol.
Old 08-08-2008 at 10:34 PM   #8
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

Yep they should tell you all this info during the first lecture...or post it all up on webCT usually they'll assign you either wkA or wkB (for example) and wkA has labs the 2nd week of classes, since labs/tut usually dont start till then...then wkB after etc!

aya017 says thanks to zoyy for this post.
Old 08-14-2008 at 10:50 PM   #9
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggedman View Post
Alright thanks, and how do you know if you have a drop-in tutorial as opposed to a regular one? if such a thing exsists.

Does is say on your schedule or are you advised just to attend all of them
There should be a note at the bottom of your timetable saying which classes are drop-in tutorials and when the classes are. At least, that's what I got for my Chem class.....

Question - Do EOW classes all happen on the same weeks, or do they change? IE I have three EOW classes in a row on my timetable - Will they always be all in a row, or will I have two classes one week and one on the other? How do I know which weeks my classes are when I first start?
Old 08-14-2008 at 11:14 PM   #10
mitch
Elite Member

I believe EOW is only for labs and perhaps tutorials. You always go to your classes. They tell you in your classes when you start your labs and tutorials. Each class usually has one lab and/or tutorial. You'll go to the lab time one week, and then not go (or go to the tutorial time) the next week. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Old 08-15-2008 at 08:44 AM   #11
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

you don't know until you have class.
You might get all 3 labs in one week and then 3 tutorials the next.
It can be different. You won't know which one will start for which course! Just go to class and you will know, or if you can get access to this year's course outline for the course !