Anyone in earth sci 3cc3? 3am Coffee General Discussion 1 09-29-2011 08:42 PM
Earth Sci 3cc3 Tanya_33 General Discussion 1 08-29-2009 07:23 AM

Earth Sci 3CC3 with Dr. Kim

Old 12-07-2012 at 10:20 AM   #1
bruni

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Earth Sci 3CC3 with Dr. Kim
Hey guys!

Just wondering if anyone has taken Earth Sci 3CC3 with Dr. Kim. The reason why I'm asking is because we had a midterm/quizzes that were all multiple choice, but the final exam is going to be all short and long answer. I have no idea what to expect because we never had any quizzes or tests like that in the class. Anyone have any insight?

Good luck studying everyone!

najmakhalil, nlobo like this.
Old 12-07-2012 at 03:44 PM   #2
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

The short and long answer questions were pretty easy. I took it two years ago and he put in very basic questions from the whole term.
I think one question was: Explain 4 types of dating methods or something (tree rings, isotopes in glaciers etc...). Just make sure you study the big picture rather than learning stuff in great detail.

bruni, Jason036, nlobo all say thanks to ThatGuy for this post.

najmakhalil, nlobo like this.
Old 12-08-2012 at 12:31 AM   #3
Arora P

Liked: 0 Times

Does anyone know how many questions are going to be on the exam?
Old 12-09-2012 at 01:37 AM   #4
nlobo

Liked: 5 Times

Thanks for the help!! He hasn't told us how many questions or how many marks there will be. do you happen to remember approximately how many questions there were? and how many marks for each question approx? i know it's been 2 years but he hasn't told us anything about it
Old 12-11-2012 at 12:20 AM   #5
Jason036

Liked: 25 Times

Why hasn't he told us anything about this exam, I feel like there is way too much stuff to remember.
Old 12-11-2012 at 09:48 AM   #6
bruni

I wish we had some sort of idea as to what the mark breakdown is!
Old 12-11-2012 at 09:51 AM   #7
henry101

Liked: 6 Times

yes, please can someone with past experience please tell us how many questions were in the exam when they took this course? this feels like Bio 2EE3 if anyone knows what I'm talking about.
Old 12-11-2012 at 05:44 PM   #8
nlobo

He just posted on the course page that it's 3 hours and 100marks.
Old 12-11-2012 at 08:43 PM   #9
Jason036

This guy is outta his damn mind
Old 12-11-2012 at 09:43 PM   #10
bruni

Ten long answers, yikes @[email protected]
Old 12-12-2012 at 11:25 AM   #11
nlobo

He posted an exam outline 10min ago. we now have a definitions portion??? The exam is tomorrow and he posted this now. i'M SOO PISSED.
Old 12-12-2012 at 11:49 AM   #12
JasyJ925

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlobo View Post
He posted an exam outline 10min ago. we now have a definitions portion??? The exam is tomorrow and he posted this now. i'M SOO PISSED.
If you came to class, you would know that Dr. Kim has said NUMEROUS times that we are required to know the key terms for each chapter as we will have to define in the final examination
Old 12-12-2012 at 12:00 PM   #13
nlobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasyJ925 View Post
If you came to class, you would know that Dr. Kim has said NUMEROUS times that we are required to know the key terms for each chapter as we will have to define in the final examination
I remember him stressing them but then he posted that it was only short answer and long answer and that's how i have been preparing for the exam. I wasn't expecting to use the key terms in straight definitions other than in short answers and long answers where i wouldn't be defining them. I'm more annoyed at the fact that it was another section that i wasn't expecting (because he said SA and LA). Also, i think he should have posted the breakdown earlier than just the day before an exam. He only recently posted that it was 100marks and how many of each question we will have.

Jason036 likes this.
Old 12-12-2012 at 12:08 PM   #14
Jason036

Definitions shouldn't be too bad though, you kinda need to know about them to solve any of the short/long answers. It's the 10 long answers I'm worried about most.

nlobo likes this.
Old 12-12-2012 at 12:08 PM   #15
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlobo View Post
I remember him stressing them but then he posted that it was only short answer and long answer and that's how i have been preparing for the exam. I wasn't expecting to use the key terms in straight definitions other than in short answers and long answers where i wouldn't be defining them. I'm more annoyed at the fact that it was another section that i wasn't expecting (because he said SA and LA). Also, i think he should have posted the breakdown earlier than just the day before an exam. He only recently posted that it was 100marks and how many of each question we will have.
Meh...consider yourself lucky that you got a breakdown at all

JasyJ925 likes this.