MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soccer Fields near Campus Crzyrio General Discussion 4 09-12-2010 11:31 AM
Easiest Second year economics course? kanishka Academics 4 08-19-2010 04:24 PM
Which engineering fields are the easiest? ash1709 Academics 0 06-08-2010 09:09 AM
Easiest/best Profs in Engineering klibzy General Discussion 5 08-23-2009 01:46 PM
The Top 3 Easiest Courses You've Ever Taken spyder83 Academics 40 06-25-2009 09:56 PM

EASIEST engineering fields?

Old 06-08-2010 at 09:35 PM   #16
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
I liked this stream after I learned magnesium
It's evident your not in Chemical Engineering

DannyV likes this.
Old 06-08-2010 at 09:39 PM   #17
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
What he said.

I got into my first choice (Electrical) and rumor says that Electrical will KILL you since it is one of the most difficult major. I didn't care and still selected it as my first choice.

Why?

I liked this stream after I learned magnesium (Gauss' Law, Lenz's Law, etc etc) and circuitry (Kirchoff's Law, Ohm's Law, etc etc) in Physics 1E03.

Why?

Clearly 1E03 empathizes mainly in Electrical Engineering.

Surprisingly, before I got into first year. I wasn't planning to go into Electrical.

Anyway back to the point, Engineering isn't for you if you want the easy way out.
Good ol' Nikolova with her magnesium course.

To be serious, though, 2nd year elec was pretty easy. FH3 blew (but physics is a weak point) and EI5 was, well, mediocre because of the prof.

Here's to hoping 3rd year doesn't decimate!

Old 06-08-2010 at 09:41 PM   #18
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Met View Post
It's evident your not in Chemical Engineering
Maybe he really likes the M to the g
Old 06-08-2010 at 09:42 PM   #19
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
i actually lol'ed
Best part is, it's true...and a zing.
Old 06-08-2010 at 10:00 PM   #20
ash1709

Liked: 0 Times

im not saying i want the easy way out. none of you know how to read. im saying if i want to transfer into a a different field because right now im in electrical and actually want to switch to civil then what field should i take? im thinking materials since its similar but i also want to choose a field that can help me get a good mar to switch as well. READ the post carefully. and your sanitation engineering idea is sooooooooo sooooo funny! wow. why dont you just become a comedian instead of an engineer
Old 06-08-2010 at 10:00 PM   #21
ash1709

Liked: 0 Times

probably the easiest way out for you
Old 06-08-2010 at 10:02 PM   #22
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzz View Post
First year engineering at McMaster is general. You take courses from every stream (grant you, they are all introductory). If you want to transfer into another field, then you don't even need to take Engineering courses. You can be registered in Engineering and take basically any course you want if you meet the pre-reqs.
Oh, you mean like reading this post?

Old 06-08-2010 at 10:04 PM   #23
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash1709 View Post
im not saying i want the easy way out. none of you know how to read. im saying if i want to transfer into a a different field because right now im in electrical and actually want to switch to civil then what field should i take? im thinking materials since its similar but i also want to choose a field that can help me get a good mar to switch as well. READ the post carefully. and your sanitation engineering idea is sooooooooo sooooo funny! wow. why dont you just become a comedian instead of an engineer
You are not in electrical. You are accepted into Engineering. You *may* be accepted into your program of choice depending on your CA (cumulative average) at the end of Year I. In 12 months, you can choose to apply to any Engineering stream you choose. Your CA will determine if you get your choices.

Stop stressing.

Old 06-08-2010 at 10:05 PM   #24
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post

To be serious, though, 2nd year elec was pretty easy. FH3 blew (but physics is a weak point) and EI5 was, well, mediocre because of the prof.

FH3 is by far the worst course I have ever taken, I dont think anything will ever trump that
Old 06-08-2010 at 10:26 PM   #25
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash1709 View Post
im not saying i want the easy way out. none of you know how to read.
When you want something, you have to be nice to those who can give it to you...your sense of entitlement is disgusting. None of us get paid for sitting here and answering your questions...if you can't take a joke, a web forum is a stupid place to ask. Go see a guidance counsellor.

Besides, lots of people have given you the best piece of advice possible: If you're good at it, you'll find it easy. Then it's been pointed out, how the heck would we know what you find easy? Just because we're not giving you the answer you want doesn't mean we're not giving you an answer.

Quote:
and your sanitation engineering idea is sooooooooo sooooo funny! wow. why dont you just become a comedian instead of an engineer
Apparently it is funny...It's not often I come up with something witty...I thought it was, and so I thought I'd share. Given that I have as much of a right to post here you, there's no need to get upset.

Mahratta, micadjems like this.
Old 06-08-2010 at 10:28 PM   #26
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

I am still wondering if he read my post before ranting. I have explained twice now why this thread is completely redundant to what he wants to do.

Old 06-08-2010 at 10:31 PM   #27
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Well is he going into first year or just finished first year?

If he's going into first year, then yes you've explained what he needs to know.

He might have just finished first year and got into Electrical instead of Civil (which I think is what he said somewhere).
Old 06-08-2010 at 10:33 PM   #28
irule333

Liked: 2 Times

I think he means he got into the electrical stream (as a second or third choice) and realizes its a bad idea to stay in it...and thus needs to figure out which field to go into just to get grades to transfer into a high req stream (ie civil)

ash1709 says thanks to irule333 for this post.

ash1709 likes this.
Old 06-08-2010 at 10:33 PM   #29
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

His account says first year. He (graciously) did not mention what his situation was other than trying to weasel through a year of a program to weasel into another which I'm willing to bet he has minimal experience in. 10 bucks he ends up hating the stream he tries to switch into after all this.

Old 06-08-2010 at 10:57 PM   #30
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post

Heh, I actually had Dr. Luke for 1E03. He's very enthusiastic of what he is teaching and I like him overall. However, many of us felt that he assumed we know everything by reviewing the concept and move on to the next, even though the concept is new to us.

The second midterm, at least half of the class failed it. Luckily I found the exam pretty straightforward and almost B'ed the course . Either it's because the class average was so bad or it's because they made the exam way too difficult two years ago so I have heard.

Nikolova you say? What is he like? I had Dr. McKay, Dr. Okon and Dr. Luke for 1E03 (Dr. Luke always fly out of town so the other two replaced him when necessary).