MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-29-2009 at 06:22 PM   #31
camais

Liked: 30 Times

you guys know anywhere i can use the meal plan to buy cereal boxes/milk/mr.noodle & kd?
Old 08-29-2009 at 06:28 PM   #32
fffw

Liked: 0 Times

the minimac in keyes sells cereal, milk and kd (although it may only sell the single serve microwave stuff)

camais says thanks to fffw for this post.
Old 08-29-2009 at 08:26 PM   #33
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Are there any other places around campus as well, or is it just in Keyes?
Old 08-29-2009 at 08:31 PM   #34
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Cereal, microwavable meals and that type of stuff ive only seen in minimac.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to syaseen for this post.
Old 08-29-2009 at 08:37 PM   #35
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I'm pretty sure they have cereal at commons as well.

Old 08-29-2009 at 11:13 PM   #36
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by u.yousaf View Post
I'm pretty sure they have cereal at commons as well.
But you have to buy them by bowl.
Old 08-29-2009 at 11:49 PM   #37
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

Are there places to get sushi and bubble tea in or around campus?
Old 08-29-2009 at 11:53 PM   #38
syaseen
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellye View Post
they had sushi in student centre and i think also in minimac. I dont think theres bubble tea on campus (unless that place beside the tim hortons in student centre sells bubble tea not sure).
Old 08-29-2009 at 11:53 PM   #39
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
There is one in the basement of the MSU (bubble tea). Sushi can be found in a couple cafeterias such as Commons and MiniMac.

There's also bubble tea in downtown Hamilton. I don't know the address though.

Sushi there's at August 8, not sure how to get there though.
Old 08-29-2009 at 11:54 PM   #40
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaseen View Post
they had sushi in student centre and i think also in minimac. I dont think theres bubble tea on campus (unless that place beside the tim hortons in student centre sells bubble tea not sure).
The place beside Tim Hortons is actually owned by the place in the basement of the student centre. I can't remember what it's called, but it has bubble tea, patties and kind of like a mini-arcade.
Old 08-30-2009 at 12:05 AM   #41
DJ_JJ

Liked: 0 Times

I just started my high protein, low carb diet, so are theyre like salad places and stuff?

And is there a place where I can stock up on fresh fruit with my meal card?

Thanks
Old 08-30-2009 at 12:06 AM   #42
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_JJ View Post
I just started my high protein, low carb diet, so are theyre like salad places and stuff?

Thanks
There's a salad bar in Commons.

I don't know about a place where you can buy lots of fresh fruits though.
Old 08-30-2009 at 12:09 AM   #43
syaseen
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_JJ View Post

Thanks
Commons, student centre, and mohawk.
Old 08-30-2009 at 01:04 AM   #44
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:

The one in the basement of the student centre is called House of Games and they sell all sorts of awesome stuff that you wouldn't find anywhere else. Lots of random Asian brand snacks, and REALLY cheap coffee. It's also open REALLLLLLLY late during exam time, like up to 4 AM I think. It's obviously not the BEST bubble tea in the world but it's still bubble tea! =). If you want other bubble tea, I know Saigon Asian in Westdale (a bit down King from Pita Pit and TCBY) has it for $3.99. Limited flavours (just lychee, watermelon, mango, strawberry, taro, and some other stuff). There used to be another place in Westdale (QQ Teashop or something) but I think it closed down =(. My personal favourite is Tenren (mango green tea!!!) but I haven't found anything I like quite as much here.

I LOVE sushi!! They sell sushi at Commons and at La Piazza but I really really hated it. It was TERRIBLE quality. The only sushi I've had at Mac that I actually liked were the california rolls at the terriyaki place next to La Piazza in the student centre. They were hideously overpriced though. I tried the other rolls they had, and even the nigiri, but I didn't like it. If you want good sushi at a fair price, it's definitely worth it to take a bus and go elsewhere. For around $12 you can get all you can eat sushi lunch at Sushi Star (it's along King, just take any bus down Main .. like the 1A, any of the 5-series, the 10 B-Line, anything except the 51 which would go to the GO station, get off at Main/John, walk left to King, and you should see it around there). I've tried most of the AYCE in this city and I like that one the most in Hamilton. Rolls are sometimes sloppily made but they still taste 1000x better than the shit they sell in Commons. August 8 is on Wilson St (so take any bus to Main/MacNab, walk straight to James St, then go left until you hit Wilson St, and it's in the plaza). They have AYCE dimsum AND sushi. A little more expensive. I found the dim sum and sushi were of worse quality than if you had gone somewhere for ONLY dim sum or ONLY sushi. But still decent, and to each their own. And if you just want a quick lunch, there's Joya sushi on Main pretty close to Mac (it's at around Main/West Park, next to an animal hospital!). It's pricier but if you just want sushi lunch, they have really big rolls that would fill you up, and it comes with salad and miso soup.

There's also Sapporo that's pretty close to Sushi Star, and is also an AYCE, but I dont' like it as much. The cuts of sashimi were super thin when I went, and the service slower. Maybe that's just my own experience though .. if you really like sushi, try them all =P.
Old 08-30-2009 at 03:03 AM   #45
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

I'll definitely be referring back to this thread as soon as I arrive at Mac