MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hlth Age 1bb3 kohmx First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-10-2010 09:11 PM
Willing to trade ANTHRO1Z03 for HLTH AGE 1BB3 bubblegum3 Academics 0 08-14-2010 09:20 AM
Trading HLTH AGE 1BB3 T2-evening for T1-day! tashatjong Academics 0 07-22-2010 01:14 PM
Anybody dropping Linguistics (1A03), MMedia (1A03, 1B03), or HLTH AGE (1AA3, 1BB3)? MacDaddy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-15-2010 06:48 PM

Econ 1bb3, Hlth Age 1bb3, Linguist 1a03

Old 09-17-2010 at 09:30 PM   #1
waldo92

Liked: 104 Times

Econ 1bb3, Hlth Age 1bb3, Linguist 1a03
in terms of difficulty, course load, and interest (sure, both difficulty and interest are subjective, but generally speaking, for a life sci student)

i need help, because i can only take one of these courses, and have to decide by monday which one

so far, linguistics has actually proven to be kind of interesting..even though it sounded incredibly boring (and it may well turn out to be so)

one thing to consider in terms of difficulty is that i'm not taking econ 1b03, so would i find econ 1bb3 harder as a result?
Old 09-17-2010 at 09:42 PM   #2
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo92 View Post
in terms of difficulty, course load, and interest (sure, both difficulty and interest are subjective, but generally speaking, for a life sci student)

i need help, because i can only take one of these courses, and have to decide by monday which one

so far, linguistics has actually proven to be kind of interesting..even though it sounded incredibly boring (and it may well turn out to be so)

one thing to consider in terms of difficulty is that i'm not taking econ 1b03, so would i find econ 1bb3 harder as a result?
From my experience, 1BB3 required more work than 1B03 for econ. Having not taken 1B03 won't affect you at all. Ive heard linguistics is an awesome course. I never got the chance to take it but I'd probably take it given the chance. Health age just seems boring to me.
Old 09-17-2010 at 09:48 PM   #3
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Linguistics. Though Im a little biased, being a linguistics student
Old 09-17-2010 at 09:50 PM   #4
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I found Econ 1BB3 to require very little work to do well, but I've heard the same with Linguistics 1A03. You'll probably be fine with either choice. You definitely won't be at a disadvantage without 1B03 though.
Old 09-17-2010 at 10:42 PM   #5
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

I only took ECON 1BB3 and I found it to be really simple. The material itself is easy to follow and understand with no prior knowledge about econ. Pretty interesting too. Learning about how policies and decisions affect the market using supply/demand curves and other good stuff. The course doesn't require much work other than the APLIA assignments (maybe takes an hour max each one/week and its really easy to score >90% on every single one) and maybe reading up on material you find a little more difficult and can't grasp in the lecture notes. You can also find the podcasts online (link is in review section) which are basically live lectures recorded so if you miss something during lecture you can review it again. Overall, its probably the easiest course I've taken in univ. so far. I can't imagine anything easier but apparently 1B03 is and if your looking for easy then go for that.