MacInsiders Logo

Econ2J03

Old 06-08-2012 at 12:40 AM   #16
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Hopefully it goes well XD. It's like right before my night classes on some days, so I don't know if I'll be going that often :'(. Sounds like it's a self-study course based on several opinions.
Old 08-21-2012 at 12:02 AM   #17
Angoose
Elite Member

Time to revive this thread. Did he ever give out practice for the final exam?
Old 08-21-2012 at 12:06 AM   #18
ParrotKeep11

Liked: 2 Times

I can't decide between this class or the new Anthropology 1AB3: Identity Race & Power class as an elective. urrrggghhhh Overloading until I figure it out.
Old 08-21-2012 at 11:00 AM   #19
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

His courseware includes five or six practice tests -- master them and you're fine for the final.
Old 08-21-2012 at 09:07 PM   #20
Angoose
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
His courseware includes five or six practice tests -- master them and you're fine for the final.
Wow, so he packs in midterm practice as well as exam practice? That's pretty insane.

Um, anthro and econ are really different courses. I'm pretty sure you have to write essays in most anthro courses, so it all depends if you're comfortable with that.
Old 08-21-2012 at 10:45 PM   #21
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

What do you guys think of Econ 2H03?

Old 08-22-2012 at 04:00 PM   #22
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
Wow, so he packs in midterm practice as well as exam practice? That's pretty insane.
Not really... Some of the questions that appear on the midterms (or practice midterms) will be repeated on the final, and even if not, the content will be the same.

He provides samples of each quiz and each midterm. I've taken 4 classes with Khan and each time, we never learned anything past the second midterm which happened around the last week of classes... If we did, it wasn't more than a chapter or two. If you have a good handle on the all questions he provides as midterm prep, you'll be fine for the final.

Angoose says thanks to Kudos for this post.
Old 08-22-2012 at 04:32 PM   #23
LIBORplustwo
Account Locked

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
What do you guys think of Econ 2H03?
2H03 is a great course with Khan. Like said before, master the practice quizzes and tests, and you should be well prepared for the final exam and midterms. However, after talking to some friends, they thought the final was hard. I do not think they did the amount of prep that is necessitated to get a 12, though (they had 12s going in, finished with 10s, 11s). Here is what I did, I re-did EVERYTHING in the course-pack (class examples, tests, bonus quizzes, midterms)... AS WELL, I re-did the bonus quizzes, midterms and quizzes we were assessed on.

I do not recall missing any questions on the final exam - I may have, however, I kept my 12.

Good luck.
Old 08-22-2012 at 06:38 PM   #24
Angoose
Elite Member

I'm hoping I can 12 it if I go through everything. There's some major average saving I need to do.
Old 08-22-2012 at 07:19 PM   #25
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

No one has said much about 2A03, how is that course?