MacInsiders Logo

Economics 2X03

Old 09-13-2011 at 09:57 AM   #1
Rath
Account Locked

Liked: 18 Times

Economics 2X03
This class is confusing me. I hear it is very volatile, mathy, but really not that hard. You must stay ahead, etc. However, there are 3 sections this term. Each with its own professor, and own tutorial. Each professor is wack as ****. One guy is crazy jap that I'm biased towards since my friend talks about how he failed his class last year. Another guy is a crazy russian, and the third is a dumbass at a terrible time. Are all their midterms different? Its like 3 different minicourses. Do they collaborate?

I'm with the crazy russian. While trying to decipher his accent I managed to take notes down in class and purchase a textbook. What now? Its his first year at McMaster, he hasn't posted anything to avenue. He hasn't even activated avenue. ****, I don't even think he's aware of avenue's existence.

Anyways, speak up fellow commies (and others taking the 2G03 version) how do I succeed in this class? How do I even know which questions to ****ing answer in my textbook or even which chapters to read?
Old 09-13-2011 at 01:13 PM   #2
Rath
Account Locked

bumping my own thread out of worry :(
Old 09-13-2011 at 01:32 PM   #3
rmfldkdtm

Liked: 1 Time

LOLS im with a dumbass at a terrible time
Old 09-13-2011 at 01:37 PM   #4
Rath
Account Locked

Are you? Have they posted shit to avenue?
Old 09-13-2011 at 01:43 PM   #5
rmfldkdtm

Liked: 1 Time

nah my prof isnt prepared for jacshit

and i dun think they gonna use avenue
Old 09-13-2011 at 01:45 PM   #6
Rath
Account Locked

i honestly just made it up that he was a dumbass im not surprised i was accurate lol
Old 09-13-2011 at 03:52 PM   #7
zareen.s24

Liked: 3 Times

omg i have that guy as well
and i don't understand a thing!
anyone knows if we can use the 7th edition textbook instead of the 8th?
Old 09-13-2011 at 04:52 PM   #8
Fengatron

Liked: 6 Times

I had the jap last year, couldn't understand a thing he talked about so after 3 classes, I stopped going and studied everything on my own.

The different profs do not share the same exam/test. when tests/final come u will go to different sections according to ur prof.

and they don't use avenue...
Old 09-13-2011 at 04:54 PM   #9
Rath
Account Locked

What the **** is up with this class then? From what I understand textbooks are all the same but how do I even know what textbook questions the prof is leaning towards or even what chapters he plans on covering?

How would you recommend I get through this?
Old 09-13-2011 at 04:55 PM   #10
andrewjdg

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rath View Post
What the **** is up with this class then? From what I understand textbooks are all the same but how do I even know what textbook questions the prof is leaning towards or even what chapters he plans on covering?

How would you recommend I get through this?
Why not ask him? I haven't been yet tbh, I think my guy is the russian dood.

Last edited by andrewjdg : 09-13-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-13-2011 at 04:58 PM   #11
Rath
Account Locked

True. I've never even really talked to a prof aside from emails. If they're going to be lazy ****s with avenue I'll just hassle them every class.
Old 09-13-2011 at 04:59 PM   #12
andrewjdg

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rath View Post
True. I've never even really talked to a prof aside from emails. If they're going to be lazy ****s with avenue I'll just hassle them every class.
I heard the ivanov guy uses a chalkboard. Why would someone do that to themselves?
Old 09-13-2011 at 05:05 PM   #13
Rath
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjdg View Post
I heard the ivanov guy uses a chalkboard. Why would someone do that to themselves?
Honestly aside from his accent/not using a microphone he is pretty decent. I will most likely still show up to all his classes. I sat super close last class and I actually understood what was going on. Seems like a pretty brilliant guy that just needs to work on his presentation skills. I'm amazed people still ask questions/try to correct him by how he reacts haha
Old 09-13-2011
Rath
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-13-2011 at 05:15 PM   #14
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

I talked to this fcker during his office hours, and he told me there are no recommended/practice problems......grr that makes me so mad.