Philos 1B03 textbooks anyone? Juicebox Academics 0 01-08-2010 01:44 PM
Geo 2rc3/Philos 2d03 mizz.s. Academics 0 01-02-2009 05:14 PM
Philos 1A03 or 1B03?? tammy37 Academics 1 12-22-2008 06:43 AM

Elective - Philos 1D03

Old 09-12-2008 at 11:54 PM   #1
MSaleh

Liked: 8 Times

Elective - Philos 1D03
This is what I have. I dropped 1E03 for Inquiry 1SC3.
I'm in Life Sciences, and I was wondering if there were any electives I can take other than 1D03. I've read the sticky for electives, and posted there. No reply in 3 days, and Monday is the last day to do this kind of stuff, so I really need a quick reply. I haven't found a review for 1D03.

As for me, I want an "easy" elective. Mind you, I'm great at English and essay writing, and I love philosophy, but this class seems boring, not really content wise, but the prof is just reading his online notes, and sounds really monotone. That, and it's early in the morning, which almost guarantees me nearly falling asleep. Is there any elective I can take that's I guess more involved, or discussion based? Anything that involves interaction, really.
Old 09-13-2008 at 10:58 AM   #2
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

Wait, are you currently in 1d03 or do you need someone in this class to give you a review for it?

Last edited by J-Met : 09-13-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-14-2008 at 01:03 AM   #3
MSaleh

I'm currently in the class, I've attended 2 classes so far, and it's pretty dull. I can't really compare it with 2 classes worth, so I was asking if anyone had taken it, and wanted to give some feedback about it. The prof seems kind of... boring.
Old 09-14-2008 at 09:15 AM   #4
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

Ya, im in that class too...the subject isn't really as interesting as i thought it would be. It seems to be more "the ethics of technology" rather than "the philosophy of science"which is what the course title says...
Old 09-14-2008 at 05:21 PM   #5
MSaleh

Not much time left to drop it, and I don't want to be stuck with a boring course.
Old 09-14-2008 at 06:53 PM   #6
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times

I suggest you take Philo 1e03, if you can fit it in your time table,
move around inquiry, you should be able to..
otherwise, simply take health studies, its an easy course as well
i currently have it, and it is apparently marked as a bird course..