MacInsiders Logo
Old 01-25-2010 at 08:17 AM   #1
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

Emerson Pardoe Sentencing Hearing
Hello all,

As promised in a previous post, I have the time and location for Emerson Pardoe's sentencing hearing tomorrow (January 26th).

The hearing is being held at the John Sopinka Courthouse, 45 Main Street East. It's really easy to get to, just grab pretty much any bus heading downtown via Main Street, and get off at the stop immediately after passing James Street. You can't miss the courthouse, it's on the North side of Main Street between Hughson and John.

The hearing begins at 10:00 am, in courtroom 208. Please note that if you plan on attending, you should arrive at least 15 minutes early, as you have to get through the security check, and sometimes there's a 5 to 10 minute wait.

I can't make it, because I have class/group meetings like crazy tomorrow, but hopefully someone makes it out and can post back.

Cheers
Old 01-25-2010 at 08:21 AM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Why does anyone need to show?
We all know all he'll get is a slap on the wrist.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-25-2010 at 08:36 AM   #3
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

I figured I'd post the information just in case people were interested.

You're right though, I don't anticipate it being a reasonable sentence.
Old 01-26-2010 at 02:47 PM   #4
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Did anyone go? What happened??
Old 01-26-2010 at 03:57 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Did anyone go? What happened??
nvm got them mixed up rofl.

Last edited by lawleypop : 01-26-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-26-2010 at 04:01 PM   #6
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I was reading in the Sil when I was waiting for elm to load at Undergrounds that he got 12 years in prison.

So 5 with good behavior.
Are you confusing the sentencing of Saad Gaya, a former Mac student who was involved with a terrorist cell with Emerson Pardoe's sentincing? Because apparently Saad Gaya got 12 years for his role in the terrorist plan.
Old 01-26-2010 at 04:03 PM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Are you confusing the sentencing of Saad Gaya, a former Mac student who was involved with a terrorist cell with Emerson Pardoe's sentincing? Because apparently Saad Gaya got 12 years for his role in the terrorist plan.
Oops, yea. Thanks for that. Dunno why I got those mixed up.

Old 01-26-2010 at 06:49 PM   #8
KayakerDan

Liked: 86 Times

Quote:
12 years, but he only has to spend 4.5 more years thanks to the amount of time he completed on the two-for-one basis (thanks, justice system!).
Old 01-26-2010 at 07:41 PM   #9
bawb

Liked: 0 Times

From the Sil's twitter page
http://twitter.com/theSilhouette
Emerson Pardoe (Brandon Hall arsonist) is sentenced to 2 years (less 1 day) in a provincial institution - More details soon @ thesil.ca
Old 01-26-2010 at 07:42 PM   #10
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

LOL.

I hate Canada. ._.

Old 01-26-2010 at 08:14 PM   #11
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

2 years in an actual prison?
Old 01-26-2010 at 08:17 PM   #12
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

We should have led a group to sing the "Brandon is on fire" song at his sentencing.
Old 01-26-2010 at 09:26 PM   #13
Proxy

Liked: 7 Times

I have forgiven him and I'm fine with the 2 year deal. Made my life difficult and was forced to move but I was glad no one was seriously hurt. Still just the thought that people could've died is disturbing.

Old 01-26-2010 at 10:20 PM   #14
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
I have forgiven him and I'm fine with the 2 year deal. Made my life difficult and was forced to move but I was glad no one was seriously hurt. Still just the thought that people could've died is disturbing.
how much did Brandon refugees profit from it? Didn't they get a certain amount of money each week, I remember it being a lot, and they got put into hotel rooms.
Old 01-26-2010 at 10:25 PM   #15
Proxy

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
how much did Brandon refugees profit from it? Didn't they get a certain amount of money each week, I remember it being a lot, and they got put into hotel rooms.
I wouldn't say profit. Like for me I used those cheques to pay for my off campus housing which was pricey considering it was a left over room in the middle of the school year. Man that house seriously sucked. Not everyone got put into hotels as far as I know. Some had to stay in the gym longer iirc. And even for the hotel people you had to pay for food and extra services I think. It was messed up especially for those who couldn't study properly for their midterms.