Eng 3H03 pink_cupcake Academics 0 11-18-2010 01:07 PM
Philosophy 3H03 Kathy2 3rd Year Course Reviews 0 12-11-2009 06:59 PM

Eng 3H03

Old 04-11-2011 at 02:21 PM   #1
lakhim

Liked: 17 Times

Eng 3H03
Hey,

To anyone that is in this course, I wasn't around when he discussed the exam. I know that he's going to ask us to identify and explain passages, and their significance along with the characters..but did he mention if he was going to focus on specific books only? Like maybe books we only did the second half of the course or...should we know all the books in detail?!

Any information I can get on this before tomorrow.. would be super awesome and appreciated.

Thank youu.
Old 04-11-2011 at 03:09 PM   #2
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

ill bump ur thread so hopefully u can get answer
Old 04-11-2011 at 04:50 PM   #3
melchizedek

Liked: 35 Times

oh fella,
that's not it at all. you identify 10/12 characters and place names from all of the books (likely 2 from each book). they're going to be pretty obscure to test if we've read the books, so it might be time for a little assistance from sparknotes.
there's also an essay (choose 1/2), but he said one time that it's not that important, he more just wants to see if we've read the books.
good LUCK
Old 04-11-2011 at 05:53 PM   #4
lakhim

Quote:
Originally Posted by melchizedek View Post
oh fella,
that's not it at all. you identify 10/12 characters and place names from all of the books (likely 2 from each book). they're going to be pretty obscure to test if we've read the books, so it might be time for a little assistance from sparknotes.
there's also an essay (choose 1/2), but he said one time that it's not that important, he more just wants to see if we've read the books.
good LUCK
wow. thanks so much. whatever information i had, i got from the t.a. melissa. i e-mailed her and this is what she said :

Hi there,

the outline is pretty simply I do believe--check with Dr. King for
certainty. He is giving you some identify and explain passages from the
novels and you'll be expected to speak to the book, the character's
involved, and the passage's significance, not simply summarize it.

Then there is an essay question.

hope that helps,
Melissa

but if you heard that from him in class, i am glad to be prepared for either.
Old 04-11-2011 at 07:17 PM   #5
melchizedek

Liked: 35 Times

yeeeeeeah...i really like melissa, but she's way off.
he gave us the exam format literally like 6 times, and he was VERY clear about it. he's basically trying to figure out who actually read the books so he can determine how he weighs our marks. that being said, he only expects the majority of the class to get like 5-7 of the 10.
but it's only CHARACTERS and PLACE NAMES, and we're supposed to write 2 or 3 sentences explaining what novel they're from and briefly their significance.
oh and if you've been emailing Dr. King, he said at the last class that he wouldn't be answering any emails about the exam because he wants everyone to have the same information.
Old 04-11-2011 at 07:21 PM   #6
lakhim

Quote:
Originally Posted by melchizedek View Post
yeeeeeeah...i really like melissa, but she's way off.
he gave us the exam format literally like 6 times, and he was VERY clear about it. he's basically trying to figure out who actually read the books so he can determine how he weighs our marks. that being said, he only expects the majority of the class to get like 5-7 of the 10.
but it's only CHARACTERS and PLACE NAMES, and we're supposed to write 2 or 3 sentences explaining what novel they're from and briefly their significance.
oh and if you've been emailing Dr. King, he said at the last class that he wouldn't be answering any emails about the exam because he wants everyone to have the same information.
yeah, he did say that to me and so it's why i kept e-mailing Melissa and that's what she had to say. wow, okay. thanks so much! you've been so helpful. goodluck tomorrow!