MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-25-2010 at 02:47 PM   #1
mse369

Liked: 9 Times

Eng Physss
So I'm going into Engineering Physics and Society in about a 2 weeks. I'm kind of excited, but the fact that everyone keeps asking why I would ever do that to myself has got me anxious and almost scared of this coming year haha.That's why I've come here, to see if theres anyone that can help me out and give me a few pointers, whether it's advice on classes or just other random stuff, it would be a lot of help.

Thankss in advance
Old 08-25-2010 at 02:57 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

:s You dont know why you want to be in Eng Phys? Thats not good...
Old 08-25-2010 at 03:21 PM   #3
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

That's weird. Engineering Physics always seemed like one of the more fun paths to take; same with Society cause I want to take music.

Are they saying that because of the workload?
Old 08-25-2010 at 03:56 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I heard that work can be scarce for Eng Physicists, not sure if thats true. As long as you love the material, you can always make use of the degree though. When in doubt, at least make sure you're pro with the math/programming(?) aspect of it, because theres always something you can branch out with that. Don't put off learning about the careers you can go into for too long, make sure you know how and why what you're learning can be applied to a career....
Old 08-25-2010 at 04:06 PM   #5
blackdragon
Elite Member

I think workload in ECE is pretty hecktic. Honestly, all streams have it pretty touch I think... well, most.
Old 08-25-2010 at 04:14 PM   #6
mse369

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
:s You dont know why you want to be in Eng Phys? Thats not good...

no that's not what I meant!
hahah I love physics and math and Engineering physics has always seemed soo damn interesting. But what I mean is, that everyone keeps warning me about the workload and such, I don't know if that's because a lot of people don't like physics/math or just because of the program..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theashe View Post
That's weird. Engineering Physics always seemed like one of the more fun paths to take; same with Society cause I want to take music.

Are they saying that because of the workload?

Yeah, from what I've heard the workload is pretty intense and boring? (As much as I love physics, I can see the fact that I have about 5 eng physics classes, 2 maths, 1 physics might eventually get annoying because of the lack of diversity haha)
Old 08-25-2010 at 04:17 PM   #7
mse369

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
I heard that work can be scarce for Eng Physicists, not sure if thats true. As long as you love the material, you can always make use of the degree though. When in doubt, at least make sure you're pro with the math/programming(?) aspect of it, because theres always something you can branch out with that. Don't put off learning about the careers you can go into for too long, make sure you know how and why what you're learning can be applied to a career....

Also I've heard there isn't much programming in it, it's usually just using programs (kind of like with 1C03 in first year and solid edge.)
Old 08-25-2010 at 04:24 PM   #8
blackdragon
Elite Member

All streams have a heavy work load, so you'll be fine. If you managed 1st year, you should be able to manage (most) of 2nd year. 3rd year is a different story...