Engineering Textbooks 2009/10 klibzy General Discussion 32 09-10-2009 05:23 PM

Engineering (2009)

Old 06-06-2009 at 12:54 PM   #1
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Engineering (2009)
There are lots of Engineers on MacInsiders, many of whom are pretty frequent posters. Some of them will be redsuits (i.e. Engineering Welcome Week Reps/Frosh Controllers), so you can get to know them before WW starts! So if you have any questions start a thread and ask!!

You can use this one to introduce yourself to the rest of your Engineering classmates! Depending on which program you're in and if you do CO-OP you will be graduating between 2013 and 2015!

The faculty offers LOTS of help for incoming first years, which you can check out here.

Here are some Eng-specific tools for success:

The transition from high school to university can be challenging for many students. It would be wise to peruse this comparison between high school and university to better prepare yourself for what lies ahead.
We want you to successfully complete Eng1. Towards that goal, we have assembled a list of tools to help you achieve this goal. The presentation Success 101 has been given by Dr. Masten for the last several years in Eng 1P03. It has been recently updated to provide the appropriate dates and information to assist you in navigating Eng1.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Jessica_Yu, xxsumz all say thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 08-01-2009 at 09:01 PM   #2
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Just found this and thanks for the post
Old 08-16-2009 at 01:02 AM   #3
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

Quick question...

I'm going into 2nd year and I didn't do ENG 1EE0 last year, cause I didn't plan on doing co-op this summer. But I am planning to do it next summer. So would it be better if I took 1EE0 in term 1? Or does it not matter? Just wondering!

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 08-16-2009 at 03:51 PM   #4
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

It's better to take 1EE0 first term. In order for you to access all the job posts on OSCAR, you need to complete the course. The earlier you finish it, the more job opportunities you'll be able to apply to.
Old 08-16-2009 at 04:00 PM   #5
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsilva View Post
It's better to take 1EE0 first term. In order for you to access all the job posts on OSCAR, you need to complete the course. The earlier you finish it, the more job opportunities you'll be able to apply to.
I am also going into 2nd year and gonna take coop this year. Its best to take it first term as ive heard.
Old 09-02-2009 at 06:52 PM   #6
mellotron

Liked: 3 Times

They usually have 2 or 3 sessions a semester, make sure you sign up for the earliest possible sessions, like other mentioned if you don't finish it you wont have access to job postings which typically start popping up around December/January.
Old 09-04-2009 at 11:23 AM   #7
booyaka

Liked: 0 Times

I was just wondering if I should be using binders or notebooks for the b.tech program. or should I just see what works for me?
Old 09-24-2009
yq0993
This message has been removed by a moderator. .