MacInsiders Logo
Old 03-08-2010 at 09:35 PM   #1
terryboy
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

engineering
Today alot of my firends got into engineering at mcmaster. Their averages were around 82-84. My average is an 82 and i am kinda of worried. I am trying hard in cal and in religion to bump up to an 82.5 +. I am worried is there any way that i can get in.
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:01 PM   #2
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Please, refer to your old threads. There's no need to make a new one about the same topic every time.

Also, stop worrying. As mentioned previously, even if you don't get early acceptances (which I believe what are being handed out now), if you can keep your grades up you're almost guaranteed a spot once midterm marks are submitted.

danallan likes this.
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:08 PM   #3
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

r u a single male, who is above average in math and science with an interest in classic rock? Do you wear jeans that are neither baggy nore loose? Do you have little interest in art or literature. Are you interested in reading tons of textbooks and sitting in lectures and doing the little projects they tellyou to do? so you can be groomed to work well for someone someday and be middleclass as ****?
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:09 PM   #4
terryboy
Account Disabled by User

k thank you and sorry for the multiple forms
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:33 PM   #5
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryboy View Post
k thank you and sorry for the multiple forms
Don't be sorry. It's midterm time and people are a little cranky around here

I remember the anxious wait for my acceptance into Mac Eng, so Iknow how you feel. Mac was one of my last acceptances and my average was in the high 80s.

Just keep working hard and if you get really really worried, call the registrar's office (although they'll probably put you on hold for half a day) and see what the status of your application is.

Good luck and hope to see you in Mac Eng soon!
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:35 PM   #6
terryboy
Account Disabled by User

do u now the registars office number
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:37 PM   #7
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryboy View Post
do u now the registars office number
Not off the top of my head, no. Call 905 525 9140 and ask to be put through to the registrar's office. It's usually a LONG wait, and I'm guessing during admission time it will probably be longer.
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:37 PM   #8
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /contacts.html

=)
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:38 PM   #9
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Ahh don't worry. The fact that you're worried and trying is a good sign of your work ethic.
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:43 PM   #10
terryboy
Account Disabled by User

so when i call them what do I specifically ask them.
Old 03-08-2010 at 10:53 PM   #11
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Don't be sorry. It's midterm time and people are a little cranky around here

I remember the anxious wait for my acceptance into Mac Eng, so Iknow how you feel. Mac was one of my last acceptances and my average was in the high 80s.

Just keep working hard and if you get really really worried, call the registrar's office (although they'll probably put you on hold for half a day) and see what the status of your application is.

Good luck and hope to see you in Mac Eng soon!
I'm not cranky. :(

...Alright, maybe a little. But really, that 1AA3 midterm was brutal. I usually blame myself for not studying enough, but I walked into that one pretty confident and I walked out with a decapitated ego.

Since I'm on the internet all the time, poor forum etiquette is also sort of a pet peeve of mine. That means double-posters too.
Old 03-08-2010 at 11:15 PM   #12
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I'm not cranky. :(
I definitely am... Numerical methods+ Math Phys leads to increased amounts of caffeine and general insanity. I've started having math dreams...
Old 03-08-2010 at 11:55 PM   #13
amliu

Liked: 1 Time

Well, if they got early acceptance at 82 and you have an 82, you shouldn't have much to worry about...
Old 03-09-2010 at 01:10 AM   #14
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Dude, seriously if you're this worried about getting into Mac, you're gonna piss in your pants by the third midterm in uni....stop worrying...worst case, you got to a different university...big deal
Old 03-09-2010 at 12:06 PM   #15
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Wow. I feel bad for guys who need to worry so much. I had University offers in the second week of September in Grade 12 =p Granted, they were for the States, but the point stands.

Poster, chill out. People get accepted for months. Its not like you have to in the first week or anything.