MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A BIT OF ADVICE for an engineering student? Devine13 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 08-26-2013 10:28 AM
First year engineering student freshmanno77 Introduce Yourself 2 09-05-2012 09:07 AM
First Year Engineering Student Oboeboy Introduce Yourself 5 08-29-2012 07:41 PM
Hey!! Engineering student in Brandon samanthaa.m Introduce Yourself 4 08-28-2012 01:23 AM
Prospective Engineering Student asad04 Introduce Yourself 7 05-02-2012 10:10 PM

Engineering (Manitobian student)

Old 12-10-2013 at 08:16 PM   #1
malaikah_

Liked: 0 Times

Engineering (Manitobian student)
Hi everyone!

I'm a grade 12 student in Brandon, MB. I want to go Mac for university. However, I was wondering if they consider Ontario students before accepting students from other provinces? Or are they based solely on marks, letters, etc?

I lived in Hamilton up until this year. I just moved here this year.

I have AP calculus and physics... would I be put in a different category for Engineering I?

Thank you!
Old 12-10-2013 at 08:21 PM   #2
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

i don't know if they have a preference for ontario students over other provinces (although i don't see why they would) but i think they may have different requirements than for ontario students. i remember seeing something like that when i was looking at schools outside of ontario.

malaikah_ says thanks to kitty1 for this post.

malaikah_ likes this.
Old 12-10-2013 at 08:24 PM   #3
lsparrow1

Liked: 10 Times

Hi there! I'm not entirely sure if the admissions office would consider Ontario students first, but if your marks are good coming out of high school you shouldn't have to worry. Also, if you follow this link you can search the McMaster requirements by program depending on the province you are coming from

http://future.mcmaster.ca/admission/...-requirements/

Also, PS my dad is from Brandon, MB! Love it there

Good luck!

malaikah_ says thanks to lsparrow1 for this post.

malaikah_ likes this.
Old 12-11-2013 at 07:28 AM   #4
Hussain1

Liked: 3 Times

I don't exactly know if Mac considers Ontario students before others but, I transferred from University of Manitoba (Computer Science) to Mac after my first year of University there. And I had no problem doing so. I think as long as you fulfill the requirements there shouldn't be a problem. Good luck !
Old 12-11-2013 at 03:40 PM   #5
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times

Sorry I can't help with your questions but there is a fun tidbit about Mac that you might not know about.

When I was in rez, I heard that one of residence buildings (Brandon Hall) was named after a place in Manitoba. Also that in the university in Manitoba, they have a residence named after us!