MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Tentative Exam Schedule for April 2013 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-14-2013 06:38 AM
SOLAR Entry Dates Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-05-2012 06:46 AM
Registration/SOLAR entry schedule '11/'12 jackiemac Academics 8 06-05-2011 10:26 AM
4th year SOLAR entry? neila.b Academics 2 06-02-2011 02:16 PM

Entry Schedule For SOLAR 2013/14 (UPDATED)

PLEASE NOTE: The start time for the dates listed is 12:01 a.m. except where a specific time is noted.

A students’ first possible entry date into SOLAR is determined by the Faculty and Level of the program they have been approved to register in. Students can see their personalized SOLAR entry start date on their SOLAR menu screen the first week of June. Students can start no earlier than the corresponding date noted, but can start any time after this date.

Students who start their registration in SOLAR prior to July 8th, are given a seven calendar day timeframe to complete their course selection. The seven day timeframe starts the day the student selects their program in SOLAR. After seven days, students are locked out of SOLAR for this academic session until SOLAR re-opens for all students on Monday, July 08. This re-open date will be reflected on their SOLAR menu after their seven day window has closed.

Need help picking courses and with the registration steps? READ THIS GUIDE first.

These dates come officially from http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /guide/

achhin, alyssarr, ashleighp, Balloon, Brendan, Bug324, jim1, jon.john23, SilverHawley, Swampis, SweetyTweety all say thanks to Chad for this post.

Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 04-22-2013 at 11:08 AM   #2
roua24

Liked: 0 Times
The date for science level 2 doesn't make sense, Thursday June 14 is last year.

Old 04-22-2013 at 12:00 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roua24 View Post
The date for science level 2 doesn't make sense, Thursday June 14 is last year.
I think someone can't count...notice how the numbers go 11, 13, 14, while the days go tues, wed, thurs? Go with the day of the week, not the number.

Old 04-22-2013 at 12:39 PM   #4
Christ

Liked: 9 Times
Are the dates the same for those who had to defer an exam? :/ I really hope so..

Old 04-22-2013
laura1265
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 04-25-2013 at 10:58 PM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Hi everyone, the dates have been UPDATED. Some of the dates in the old chart did not match the 2013 year (for Soc Sci Level 2 entry, etc). These dates now come officially from the McMaster Registrar website.

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2013 at 02:58 PM   #6
roua24

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
I think someone can't count...notice how the numbers go 11, 13, 14, while the days go tues, wed, thurs? Go with the day of the week, not the number.
and I was supposed to know that we are not going by the numbers? It could very well be tues, thurs and fri. You sure know how to point my problems out.

Old 04-26-2013 at 05:48 PM   #7
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roua24 View Post
and I was supposed to know that we are not going by the numbers? It could very well be tues, thurs and fri. You sure know how to point my problems out.
By "someone", I was referring to the person who wrote the schedule, not you, because when they wrote it they clearly skipped the number 12. No need to get all defensive. And I knew it should go by the days of the week and not the numbers because of how it has been for the last five years.

Also Chad, the dates now still don't quite work...wed june 12, then thurs june 14...is that what it still says on the registrar's website?

Old 04-29-2013 at 08:29 AM   #8
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Yes, when they fixed the 'Soc Sci' date, they kept the day (Wednesday) but changed the number. So I'm assuming you should follow the day (tues, thurs, fri, etc) and not the number.

When we get closer to the dates we'll update this with a confirmed corrected schedule. Just keep checking back on MacInsiders.

Old 05-31-2013 at 12:00 PM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

CONFIRMED: Soc Sci LEVEL II registration date has been changed to WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12, 2013

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search