MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enviro 1A03-PLEASE HELP!! civil First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 05-18-2010 08:18 AM
Enviro 1A03-PLEASE HELP!! civil Academics 0 05-17-2010 11:38 PM
Enviro 1A03-PLEASE HELP!! civil Academics 0 05-17-2010 11:27 PM
Enviro Sci 3EE3 manu Academics 0 05-02-2010 12:05 PM
Enviro Sci 1B03 jimmyjones Academics 2 12-30-2008 06:48 PM

Enviro Sci 3ep3

Old 01-06-2010 at 09:00 PM   #1
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

Enviro Sci 3ep3
Does anyone have this course? I just added it, so can you please let me know what you did in the first lecture/when labs start...thanks!!
Old 01-07-2010 at 07:51 PM   #2
sainikp

Liked: 2 Times

Hey,
Yeah I have this course.
Labs start next week and the first lecture we just covered the course outline and covered the general basis of how he will teach the course. Pretty much he will assign readings throughout the course that he expects you to read and may not cover in class but will be tested. He won't go into too many picky details about it but could ask the main points from the article/reading in his tests. We were also assigned a reading - a famous one called "tragedy of the commons" so maybe you can google it and read up on it... and he mentioned the textbook as well and how there will be readings from it the book is : canadian environmental policy and politics by VanNijnatten & Boardman
and yeah I think thats about it
Hope that helped..
- Komal

manu says thanks to sainikp for this post.

manu likes this.
Old 01-07-2010 at 07:53 PM   #3
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

Thanks!! Do you know if we need to prepare anything for the lab?
Old 01-07-2010 at 07:57 PM   #4
sainikp

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
Thanks!! Do you know if we need to prepare anything for the lab?
oh shoot i forgot to mention
for labs i believe he will be posting stuff on elm for it
i dont think there is a courseware because he didn't mention it in class and it wasnt even at the tank
umm .. oh and another super important detail i forgot
the labs will be completed during the lab period and you can't take them out of lab unless you make some mutual agreement with the TA to email it out of the lab slot (maybe 10 mins later or something because you lost internet connection) thats all he mentioned about the labs .. he didnt mention that they needed to be typed up or anything but just said if that was the situation you can talk to your TA about it
.. most of the labs are going to be group work because there are not enough TAs for the class and there's a LOT of students so thats how it just ended up working out.. i dont rememeber if he said we would have individual labs to hand in but i think most likely there will only be group work because there are only 2 TAs

manu says thanks to sainikp for this post.

manu likes this.