MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enviro sci 2Q + 2W ghostanime20 Academics 3 04-28-2011 12:15 PM
PNB 3EE3, 3L03, 3LL3, 3MM3, 3S03, 3V03, have you taken one? Juicebox Academics 0 04-09-2011 08:06 PM
Biology 3O03 summer 3rd Year Course Reviews 9 09-05-2010 04:58 AM
Health Sci 3L03 gmoney Academics 0 07-12-2010 12:53 PM
Anthro 3L03 lorend 3rd Year Course Reviews 1 12-10-2008 09:10 PM

Enviro Sci 3L03 and 3O03

Old 06-08-2011 at 03:25 PM   #1
Rosie

Liked: 0 Times

Enviro Sci 3L03 and 3O03
Heyy,
I am taking both Enviro Sci 3O03 and Enviro Sci 3L03, but I can't that much info about them, so I was wondering what people thought of these courses and the difficultly level.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2011 at 10:12 PM   #2
scsc

Liked: 0 Times

I really enjoyed both of these courses. Both are all about geochemistry but very different areas.

3L03 starts off with a field trip on a barge in hamilton harbour to collect samples and all labs each week involve different analyses of your groups samples. This is where most of the course's workload comes from since there are assignments due each week in lab that involve a lot of stats and graphing, then a big frustrating group project/presentation and individual paper at the end of term. Warren makes the lecture material relevant to what your doing with your lab samples which helps a lot to understand and makes it more interesting. The lectures are all about physical/chemical/biological lake processes (ie limnology) and I was surprised by interesting I found all of it.

3O03 involves a lot more chemistry so if you did well in both first year chems you should enjoy this one. The labs and assignments are fairly easy and the TA (Nagissa) is really good. The lecture material involves a lot of chemical processes and how contaminants spread in the the environment. The midterm and final have a lot of mathy application based questions but its not hard to do well if you study the examples from class. Slater is a good prof but his lecture style is pretty much just writing out the notes on the board. You should definitely take this one if you like hydrology or are planning on taking 4WB3.