MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error Code: D001 - Error creating D2L token; connection ID 79ac7eef-5287-4630-9c50-45 ZSimon General Discussion 1 12-08-2013 01:53 AM
timetable error / bio 2a03 error Chevalier Academics 14 08-08-2011 08:50 PM
Speakeasy & Conversation Circle Program 2010-11 kairi9089 MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-15-2010 10:25 AM
COPE & Open Circle: Personal Experiences with Mental Illness Discussion Circle Annie MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-24-2010 11:49 AM
The Speakeasy and Conversation Circle Program kairi9089 MacInsiders Announcements 7 09-27-2009 05:39 AM

Error even though green circle present

Old 06-24-2015 at 08:34 PM   #1
Ponyo

Liked: 274 Times

Error even though green circle present
I'm trying to pick an elective, it seems that it's open because there is a green circle beside it. When i click finish it gives me an error message "Error: Available seats are reserved and you do not meet the reserve
capacity criteria. Available seats are reserved and you do not meet the reserve capacity criteria". What does it mean???

Note: I emailed the office but I got an automatic reply saying not to expect help soon due to high volumes of emails (understandable )
Old 06-24-2015 at 09:06 PM   #2
justicebeaver

Liked: 9 Times

What course is it? Perhaps its a required course for others so they're given priority.

Ponyo says thanks to justicebeaver for this post.
Old 06-24-2015 at 09:59 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Sounds like the seats are reserved for people in certain programs. They used to do this on SOLAR too, they just wouldn't tell you.

Ponyo says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 06-25-2015 at 09:20 AM   #4
Ponyo

it's an elective that's a second year enviro course.

So does that mean I can't get in? How can I know what kind of students they are saving it for (what if i'm on of those but mosaic is messing it up ._. ) ?
Old 06-25-2015 at 09:47 AM   #5
bobsingh

Liked: 11 Times

Are you in a program in the School of Geography and Earth Sciences that requires you to take this course for your program? If not, you would most likely not meet the reserved seating capacity. Also, if your in (for example) life sci, the amount of seats allocated for life scis are full so you wouldn't be able to enroll in it unless a life sci student drops out. On July 6, reserved seats will be open to all students so you should try again then otherwise I'd recommend finding another elective.

Ponyo likes this.
Old 06-25-2015 at 10:08 AM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyo View Post
it's an elective that's a second year enviro course.

So does that mean I can't get in? How can I know what kind of students they are saving it for (what if i'm on of those but mosaic is messing it up ._. ) ?
They typically save seats for people in the department offering the course, or for students who require it for their program. Sometimes they will reserve seats based on the year - for example, I think Stats 2B03 used to reserve seats for upper years (levels 3+4) because many of those students needed to take it, and despite it being a second year course, apparently most students aren't expected to take it until third and fourth years anyways, and it's only a second-year course because of the difficulty level - this is what one of the academic advisers told me. Another example is immunology - I can't remember the course code, but they'd reserve enough seats so that all of the health sci students in that year could take it, with few left over for students in other faculties, and then after July they would open up the seats that were left over to everybody.

If it's an elective for you, and you're not part of that department, then there is no reason for them to reserve seats for you or other students in your program/year.

Nickp13, Ponyo like this.
Old 06-26-2015 at 12:36 PM   #7
DaDougieDude

Liked: 0 Times

this happened to me too, the course is THEATRE AND FILM 1T03.

Anyone know if it's a mandatory course for anyone?
Old 06-26-2015 at 12:55 PM   #8
Ponyo

It's a requirement for first year humanities. I googled and got this http://www.humanities.mcmast er.ca/...umanities.html
Old 06-27-2015 at 10:11 AM   #9
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

If it's a requirement, don't sweat you will get in. Just email academic advisor
Old 06-27-2015 at 12:09 PM   #10
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
If it's a requirement, don't sweat you will get in. Just email academic advisor
Ponyo isn't in first year humanities though - you'll only get into a course if it's a requirement for you. It being a requirement for people in other programs doesn't guarantee that you'll get a seat.
Old 06-27-2015 at 10:57 PM   #11
Ponyo

oh ya, I was answering DaDougieDude about his question.