MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error Message Shamashtika Introduce Yourself 2 09-01-2015 01:11 AM
Error Message On Mosaic :( Nickp13 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-26-2015 06:07 PM
Error Code: D001 - Error creating D2L token; connection ID 79ac7eef-5287-4630-9c50-45 ZSimon General Discussion 1 12-08-2013 01:53 AM
printer error message ymich Computers & Tech 3 04-02-2013 06:59 AM
timetable error / bio 2a03 error Chevalier Academics 14 08-08-2011 08:50 PM

Error Message When Enrolling

Old 07-13-2015 at 09:48 AM   #1
Queen Eevee

Liked: 1 Time

Error Message When Enrolling
I know there are already a ton of these threads rolling around, but I can't seem to find answers on Mac's website.

Life Sci Year One student here, trying to enroll in bio 1A03 and 1M03. It's giving me the "Error: Available seats are reserved and you do not meet the reserve capacity criteria. Available seats are reserved and you do not meet the reserve capacity criteria" message, which is obviously wrong since bio is a requirement. I was also getting it for chem and psych, but those seemed to have cleared up and this is the only class I have left to enroll in.

Anybody still having this issue? The last time there was an update about it on Mosaic was in June. Also, who is the best person to contact about this issue? Is it the application help line? The head of the department? the "Ask Mac" email?

Thanks in advance for any replies! The error message has caused a bunch of problems and I've had to switch around the time slots for open courses since they keep filling up before I'm able to properly enroll.
Old 07-13-2015 at 09:51 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

This has nothing to do with you applying to McMaster, so those people aren't the right people to contact. The science academic advisors should be able to help you.

Queen Eevee says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 07-13-2015 at 09:58 AM   #3
Queen Eevee

Thanks so much! I wasn't sure how comprehensive the application help line was with these issues, and there doesn't seem to be any other contact info on the Mosaic portal, unfortunately. Thanks for the reply, I know who to send my email off to now.
Old 07-14-2015 at 01:23 PM   #4
sdx55555

Liked: 0 Times

Hi! I had the same question. Apparently, its reserved for another department (not life science) so it is full! But, you can try applying to 1A03 in Winter 2016 and there should be space. (I called to ask this...)
Old 07-14-2015 at 09:08 PM   #5
Queen Eevee

UPDATE:

I got my courses figured out. I got some valuable information from the Bio Department, and I hope this helps anyone else having a problem:

Quote:
"Available seats are reserved and you do not meet the reserve capacity criteria" - a number of seats in each course and each section are reserved for students in specific programs, so the section may appear to have space, but the seats are not available to everyone. For example, Bio 1A03 will have a certain number of seats reserved for students in Biochemical Engineering, Science Level One, and the Arts and Science program. If you are a Science Level One student but the only seats left in the section you are attempting to enroll in are reserved for Arts and Science students, you will need to choose a different lecture section in order to register. Typically Bio 1A03 fills up more quickly in first semester and Bio 1M03 fills up more quickly in second semester, so try switching them if you are having difficulty.
I had to switch up which bio class I took in Fall/Winter (which was a bit of a hassle to do - had to rearrange half my classes), but it finally worked.

Why don't they just post this in Mosaic? It would save all the departments a ton of time. I had to contact two separate people just to get this info. So it's not a tech error on Mosaic's end, just a lack of communication regarding the capacity error message.

Thanks for the replies! Glad I got everything sorted out now.