MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many students in the faculty of science? Lois General Discussion 23 09-01-2009 01:36 PM
Faculty and Program Series Part One: The Faculty of Social Science lorend Faculty & Program Series 4 09-01-2009 09:09 AM
Faculty and Program Series Part Three: The Faculty of Science Chad Faculty & Program Series 13 08-20-2009 11:53 PM
Final Exam Deferral Question (Commerce Program) blooreema Academics 1 04-17-2009 02:37 AM

Exam Deferral Question, Science faculty

Old 04-21-2009 at 04:05 PM   #1
solonavi

Liked: 0 Times

Exam Deferral Question, Science faculty
I've heard that some faculties don't accept notes from certain doctors (i.e. Dr. Ng), and I was just wondering if anyone knew whether the Science/Life Sci faculty accepts his notes?
Old 04-21-2009 at 07:03 PM   #2
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by solonavi View Post
I've heard that some faculties don't accept notes from certain doctors (i.e. Dr. Ng), and I was just wondering if anyone knew whether the Science/Life Sci faculty accepts his notes?
I would go in and check with the faculty itself. The Science office is in BSB.

If you want to be sure, I would go to the campus clinic (MUSC Basement) to get a note from one of the doctors.

solonavi says thanks to Lois for this post.
Old 04-21-2009 at 09:29 PM   #3
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Who's dr. ng?
Old 04-21-2009 at 09:45 PM   #4
solonavi

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks

The office was closed, but I was told that Dr. Ng's letters are still accepted by the science faculty. I didn't want to go to the on-campus clinic though, as the last few times I've gone they've been fully booked. From now on I might just call them to book in advance...

Sinthusized- Dr. Ng is a doctor near campus whose notes have been banned by the engineering and commerce faculties..
(p.s. Is this the same sinthu who I got my gero textbook from? Would you perhaps know anyone else looking for a gero textbook this year? )
Old 04-25-2009 at 12:35 AM   #5
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Ohh okay. haha yes my friend told me about a doctor who's famous for signing sick notes for mcmaster students for not so legitimate illnesses... nope that's not me, i never took gerontology.. damn i used to love being the only Sinthu at school.
Old 04-26-2009 at 09:08 PM   #6
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by solonavi View Post
Thanks

The office was closed, but I was told that Dr. Ng's letters are still accepted by the science faculty. I didn't want to go to the on-campus clinic though, as the last few times I've gone they've been fully booked. From now on I might just call them to book in advance...

Sinthusized- Dr. Ng is a doctor near campus whose notes have been banned by the engineering and commerce faculties..
(p.s. Is this the same sinthu who I got my gero textbook from? Would you perhaps know anyone else looking for a gero textbook this year? )
For future ref, call them early (as soon as they open, you may have to call a few times to actually get through). They may have cancellations so they can fit you in for the day.
Old 04-27-2009 at 07:29 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

You're actually better to go to Campus Health as soon as they open rather than calling; sometimes they do not start answering the phones until 9AM if it's really busy, but they open at 8:30.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement