MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spam on Macinsiders? J-Met General Discussion 16 12-23-2010 12:16 AM
Alternative Welcome Week lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-13-2010 08:55 AM
Anyone else getting (what appears to be) Facebook spam? Kathy2 Computers & Tech 2 02-13-2010 01:39 AM

EZ-MUGSI, an alternative to ALT-F4 SPAM

Members have rated post #251004 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 06-16-2011 at 12:18 AM   #46
CAHopeful
Account Locked

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
... by this time you should have been kicked out by MUGSI so even if you get into SOLAR it'll say something like your MUGSI time has expired or invalid entry point or something.

Easiest way to check is to click "My Academics" in MUGSI. That way if you haven't been kicked out yet you'll still on. But you get kicked out after 45 minutes.
i've done that. I just cannot get into mugsi.
Old 06-16-2011 at 12:20 AM   #47
Otoshigami

Liked: Liked 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
... by this time you should have been kicked out by MUGSI so even if you get into SOLAR it'll say something like your MUGSI time has expired or invalid entry point or something.

Easiest way to check is to click "My Academics" in MUGSI. That way if you haven't been kicked out yet you'll still on. But you get kicked out after 45 minutes.

So, that 45 minute time limit starts as soon as you get into MUGSI? Not as soon as you get into SOLAR. Oh man, not looking forward to the struggle on the 29th.

Last edited by Otoshigami : 06-16-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-16-2011 at 12:47 AM   #48
CAHopeful
Account Locked

One of my commerce courses (2nd year) is not offered...
Old 06-16-2011 at 01:11 AM   #49
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otoshigami View Post
So, that 45 minute time limit starts as soon as you get into MUGSI? Not as soon as you get into SOLAR. Oh man, not looking forward to the struggle on the 29th.
Yep, SOLAR has a different time limit that's separate from MUGSI. You can be kicked out of MUGSI but still on SOLAR. Don't know what the time limit is but it's ample time if you already know what courses you want to take and have backups prepared.
Old 06-16-2011 at 01:22 AM   #50
Otoshigami

Liked: Liked 4 Times

Is there a way to save the courses I pick after selecting them? So that if I'm ever in a situation that I get kicked out of the system, the courses I picked before are still there unchanged when I get back into SOLAR.
Old 06-16-2011 at 07:24 AM   #51
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otoshigami View Post
Is there a way to save the courses I pick after selecting them? So that if I'm ever in a situation that I get kicked out of the system, the courses I picked before are still there unchanged when I get back into SOLAR.
The only way to do this is to click verify and check for conflicts, and then click apply changes. But doing this logs you off of SOLAR. So theres no real point in doing it. Just select everything as fast as you can, and save it
Old 06-16-2011 at 04:15 PM   #52
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSM View Post
The only way to do this is to click verify and check for conflicts, and then click apply changes. But doing this logs you off of SOLAR. So theres no real point in doing it. Just select everything as fast as you can, and save it
Not entirely true. I saved half of my courses and then SOLAR crashed on me. Went back on and picked and saved the rest of my courses. Saved me time and worry. If you have required courses to take then you should pick those last since you'll get into them no matter what (Required actually means REQUIRED though, not a choice of "required" courses because if you ask to be put in they'll just tell you to take the other "required" course instead).
Old 06-16-2011 at 04:48 PM   #53
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
You can't ? :/
Fortunately i was wrong! meaning i can freely say, dear guy who made this, you are a hero

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 06-16-2011 at 09:51 PM   #54
mcmcmc

Liked: 17 Times

can we get caught and/or in trouble for this? lol
Old 06-16-2011 at 09:57 PM   #55
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

you personally no. well most likely not. If a lot of people start using it, and UTS sees a massive increase of requests/traffic being sent to the server, they wont be happy, but I dont think they will do anything
Old 06-16-2011 at 10:03 PM   #56
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps View Post
I am surprised how no one is concerned about this little neat script stealing all your login information.
...just lol. Noobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick.O View Post
I had a look at the script files, there's literally nothing there but a couple lines of code. It's pretty safe to say it's safe as long as you trust Greasemonkey, which millions of people do.
Greasemonkey is just a wrapper...there is nothing affecting anyone's trust on Greasemonkey if there's a script that steals something.

@OP: You have betrayed the brethren of Greasemonkey scriptwrights at Mac.

How much more efficient is your script from this:

Code:
if(window.location.href=="https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca/cis/ahtml/maxon.htm") { location.replace("https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca/mugsi/li"); }

I use this privately, but my script does some other things too.

Last edited by Afzal : 06-16-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-16-2011 at 11:32 PM   #57
sayok8737

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHopeful View Post
One of my commerce courses (2nd year) is not offered...
com 2bs3? business ethics? its not being offered this year for some strange reason but its not even a req. course, its just used as an elective, so u can take something else in place of it!
Old 06-17-2011 at 12:29 AM   #58
hatorade

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
...just lol. Noobs.

Greasemonkey is just a wrapper...there is nothing affecting anyone's trust on Greasemonkey if there's a script that steals something.

@OP: You have betrayed the brethren of Greasemonkey scriptwrights at Mac.

How much more efficient is your script from this:

Code:
if(window.location.href=="https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca/cis/ahtml/maxon.htm") { location.replace("https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca/mugsi/li"); }
I use this privately, but my script does some other things too.
Your post was not only insulting to the OP (who is helping us) but not constructive what so ever.... use your private script on your high horse.
Old 06-17-2011 at 02:51 AM   #59
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatorade View Post
Your post was not only insulting to the OP (who is helping us) but not constructive what so ever.... use your private script on your high horse.
I'm just gonna assume you're a troll.

There's nothing insulting in my post at all. I just asked him if his script is more efficient than the one I use. The reason is because I have gone up to 2 hours without getting into SOLAR using my script.
Old 06-30-2011 at 07:35 AM   #60
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
I'm just gonna assume you're a troll.

There's nothing insulting in my post at all. I just asked him if his script is more efficient than the one I use. The reason is because I have gone up to 2 hours without getting into SOLAR using my script.
Luck of the draw I guess.
@OP
Thanks a lot, it didn't really help me much but it helped my friends.