MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Faculty and Program Series Part Six: The Faculty of Health Sciences saukalra Faculty & Program Series 6 09-07-2009 10:56 PM
Faculty and Program Series Part One: The Faculty of Social Science lorend Faculty & Program Series 4 09-01-2009 09:09 AM
Faculty and Program Series Part Three: The Faculty of Science Chad Faculty & Program Series 13 08-20-2009 11:53 PM

Faculty trip?

Old 09-05-2011 at 09:16 PM   #1
GB123

Liked: 2 Times

Faculty trip?
I heard that students from the faculty of engineering are going on a camping trip or something like that. Is this true? I'm in Life Sciences and I'm just wondering if the other faculties go on trips. I'm just making sure I'm not missing anything.
Old 09-05-2011 at 10:59 PM   #2
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

I can't speak for Engineering. But yes, there is a Faculty Night and that's when we go off campus and we have food, music, other activities, and get to meet people. All Faculties have this. It's fun to go to and you meet people in your faculty.

That being said, in my first year, I never went.. but I still made a ton of friends after (possibly because I'm in Nursing and since it's small program we all get to know each other). But for other people in larger programs I think it'd be helpful to meet people and get to know them in a more chill atmosphere.

GB123 says thanks to aya017 for this post.
Old 09-05-2011 at 11:15 PM   #3
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

For the engineering 'trip', they typically go to the coast of the Hamilton lake thingy and have a barbeque.

GB123 says thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.
Old 09-05-2011 at 11:26 PM   #4
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Liked: 14 Times

In my first year the kin trip was to a random soccer field ish place and we played sports in the dark basically.. and then we froze waiting for the buses to pick us up..

GB123 says thanks to guest_295 for this post.

GB123 likes this.
Old 09-06-2011 at 07:42 AM   #5
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Last year we went to I think like Christie Conservation Area...and I didn't enjoy it at all. There was canoeing...which was fun but other than that it wasn't fun at all. It started to rain and I guess they didn't have alternative plans so we all sat under where the picnic tables were and watched people get waxed for donations (Shinerama) for like two hours.

That being said, I'd still encourage you to go because it will probably be a lot better this year Go to faculty day for sure!! It was tons of fun.

GB123 says thanks to Biochem47 for this post.
Old 09-06-2011 at 08:32 AM   #6
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Science is going to Baranga's which is a restaurant/bar/club type thing at the beach

GB123 says thanks to Philipp31 for this post.