Math 1ZA3 Ish001 Academics 0 10-05-2010 08:15 PM
MATH 1ZA3 lab 0 question cmhtbx Academics 8 09-13-2010 09:15 PM
who went to math 1za3 yesterday ? theBomb Academics 5 09-11-2010 12:59 PM

Failed 1st year Math 1Za3 and physics

Old 01-04-2012 at 12:17 AM   #16
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Want to transfer? Talk to sally make an appointment if you are serious about it.

If not:

Just take physics in summer. You automatically cant "pass" first year since I heard last year you couldn't take B or C math without passing A math. You could try to ask if u can go on without it but I'm not so sure
Old 01-04-2012 at 09:15 PM   #17
*spark*

Liked: 55 Times

Which Physics core do you have for lectures? If you're planning on dropping and have C05/06/07 please message me!

Good luck with your decision anyway
Old 01-04-2012 at 09:21 PM   #18
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

as long as ur in a physics core it allows u to write the tests/exams. you can go to whatever core you want as long as it fits ur timetable. term 2 for awhile i went for double physics..
Old 01-04-2012 at 10:21 PM   #19
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
as long as ur in a physics core it allows u to write the tests/exams. you can go to whatever core you want as long as it fits ur timetable. term 2 for awhile i went for double physics..
^Depends what prof you have, since they do iclicker marks which is enough to boost your mark by a grade point just by showing up.

Since 2 courses were failed that branch off into 3 others, thats means there is 5 courses you cannot take this year that will have to be made up later. You can take many during the summer, which I am personally not too familiar with, but otherwise if you are switching and want to take little summer school then it must be done soon, otherwise you will be short many courses.

I found sometimes bad marks are a wake up call, since in some of my courses I do poorly on the first test but much better on the second. If this will motivate you to do better, then stick with engineering, otherwise it may just not be for you.
Old 01-04-2012 at 10:21 PM   #20
*spark*

Liked: 55 Times

I know I can go but I have a different prof and we have iclicker marks worth 5%.
I don't think that my iclicker participation would count if I go to a different lecture time (not sure though) and I don't really have time to try to make both lectures. I would have asked a friend to take my iclicker but I need it for some of my other courses.
Old 01-04-2012 at 11:11 PM   #21
NahLeoNah
Account Locked

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterFett View Post
You sound like you have no idea what business even is. Perhaps actually figure out what you want to do instead of making a knee-jerk reaction into business because you think its easier and will land you a job.

Commerce is extremely dry, its a survival test.

Also Math 1M03 is no joke it covers very similar content that eng does but with a calculator. Obviously its easier but you still need to be strong at math... Accounting however, is another story...
No offense, but you're lying. A 12 in accounting and 1M03 should be acquired fairly easily. also, if you are struggling with those classes, may god help you for 2fa3.
Old 01-05-2012
nikJ
This message has been removed by a moderator. .