MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fake Extracurricular Activities? Allan General Discussion 20 10-14-2009 08:26 PM
Hillarious video: Fake Shoplifting Chad Computers & Tech 2 11-13-2006 05:37 PM

Fake burberry scarfs

Old 10-13-2010
Juve
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 10-13-2010 at 12:17 AM   #46
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

This thread makes me feel very poor. I go shopping once a year at the outlet stores at the CNE. Only reason I have nice things. Otherwise it's Value Village and Wallmart for me.

Though I did buy a fake chanel wallet/clutch thing in China cause I needed one.

taylojl likes this.
Old 10-13-2010 at 12:26 AM   #47
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katia View Post
Then there will be nothing exciting to live for.

I just came back from Vegas where I spent money recklessly, bought a gucci bag and ordered delicious room service twice a day, which was not worth the hefty price tag and I could've fed so may starving people with my money, yet chose not to.

Hope it keeps you up at night young one

Philanthropy is not part of your vocabulary, clearly.
Old 10-13-2010 at 12:29 AM   #48
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
So disrespectful telling someone in fouth year to grow up ,when ur in fourth year then you can thing on talking like that

Reading your posts hurts my eyes sometimes.
Also, being in fourth year has nothing to do with anything.
Old 10-13-2010 at 12:32 AM   #49
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

Goodnight people , if I see one more wearing that scarf I'm gan a jump them end of story go sleep
Old 10-13-2010 at 01:07 AM   #50
fred

Liked: 19 Times

i think people who actually own a real one or know enough about brands can spot a fake (which isn't really a lot of people), unless of course its a really good fake, which are usually pretty expensive anyways (but still only a fraction of what the real thing costs). either way, most people can't really tell the difference.

personally, i don't wear anything fake... i'd much rather buy and wear something unbranded and looks good (like from h&m or something) than a replica

edit: that sounds kind of contradicting, what i mean is that i'd rather buy a plain black scarf or something than a fake burberry scarf for the same price tag

Last edited by fred : 10-13-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-13-2010 at 01:52 AM   #51
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Souldier if you are half serious about the "quality being worth the price tag" argument. What about buying the stuff at source from a third world country where they are made? I went to Pakistan earlier on in the summer and there are several high/mid level clothing manufacturers that have their factories there. I visited a couple of factories through family connections and received free stuff or could have bought it for ridiculously low price(almost at cost). Even disregarding the exchange rate difference it was considerably lower than what I would get it for at LimeRidge/Eaton.

While it is true that a no name walmart brand in some cases won't have the same quality as a high end mall brand, the difference in almost all cases is that the Mall brand is definitely not worth its price in "value".

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 10-13-2010 at 02:20 AM   #52
fred

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Souldier if you are half serious about the "quality being worth the price tag" argument. What about buying the stuff at source from a third world country where they are made? I went to Pakistan earlier on in the summer and there are several high/mid level clothing manufacturers that have their factories there. I visited a couple of factories through family connections and received free stuff or could have bought it for ridiculously low price(almost at cost). Even disregarding the exchange rate difference it was considerably lower than what I would get it for at LimeRidge/Eaton.

While it is true that a no name walmart brand in some cases won't have the same quality as a high end mall brand, the difference in almost all cases is that the Mall brand is definitely not worth its price in "value".
not everybody has those kinds of connections. you usually cant just walk into a factory and buy the item straight from the source. just because you can get the product for free/significantly cheaper, does not mean the quality of that product is degraded.

generally, well known brands sell higher quality products. its true that you usually dont get as much as you pay for in terms of quality though, since you are also paying for the brand. although there are some brands that sell their products at a price where you do get the quality you pay for, its just that once they get more popular, they jack up the prices to make more money without changing the quality of the product (which is pretty much how LV, gucci, burberry and other high end fashion labels came to be)

and i know that wasn't directed at me in particular, i'm just bored and felt like giving my opinion/thoughts
Old 10-13-2010 at 03:07 AM   #53
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I like spending money.
Old 10-13-2010 at 03:51 AM   #54
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I have no idea what a Burberry scarf is and even after clicking that link, I don't think I've ever seen one on my life.

Did I mention I've still yet to hear a Justin beebs song?

<3 my bubble.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-13-2010 at 07:17 AM   #55
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

I don't know about you, but just scarves in general irk me. They are the most useless article of clothing ever invented. "Oh, dear me. I sense a slight chill in the air! Perhaps I should wrap my neck in a ridiculous amount of fabric so my throat won't get cold!" I'll forgive you for wearing a scarf if it's at least -15 degrees celsius out, but scarves as a fashion statement just gives off this air of snootiness. Point in case: THE SCARF FLIP

Last edited by Replekia : 10-13-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10-13-2010 at 07:20 AM   #56
dragonfly

Liked: Liked 2 Times

did you ever think maybe they just like the look of them? Just because you walk into a store and buy something that looks like a burberry scarf doesn't mean you're trying to be fake...it just means you liked the scarf.

it's a little different if you're buying a scarf off the street that's purposely labeled "burberry" and is an actual knockoff.... i find that a little weird.

But if it's not labeled as such, and just has a similar design....why are we wasting our time arguing about this? It's just a scarf. Everything gets knocked off eventually....most major clothing lines takes their ideas from some more expensive line on the runway....it's pretty much the same thing.

anon491, taylojl like this.
Old 10-13-2010 at 07:23 AM   #57
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
I don't know about you, but just scarves in general irk me. They are the most useless article of clothing ever invented. "Oh, dear me. I sense a slight chill in the air! Perhaps I should wrap my neck in a ridiculous amount of fabric so my throat won't get cold!" I'll forgive you for wearing a scarf if it's at least -15 degrees celsius out, but scarves as a fashion statement just gives off this air of snootiness. Point in case: THE SCARF FLIP
In the winter, it's the difference between being that uncomfortable-dying feeling and just being bitchin' cold.

I can wear 2 hoodies plus a jacket and still feel like I'm dying but once my chest/throat area is more covered up, it's more bearable.

Old 10-13-2010 at 07:28 AM   #58
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I have no idea what a Burberry scarf is and even after clicking that link, I don't think I've ever seen one on my life.

You really didn't know what a Burberry was?

There are a couple of people who wear them on campus. I've seen a couple in the student center, Innis library, and Commons. Some were more fake than others though
Old 10-13-2010 at 07:31 AM   #59
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
You really didn't know what a Burberry was?

There are a couple of people who wear them on campus. I've seen a couple in the student center, Innis library, and Commons. Some were more fake than others though
Really really. The only consumerist part of me is my shoe lovin'... but even then, it's very narrow (yay skate shoes)

lorend likes this.