MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titles Book-list 2011/2012 ~*Sara*~ MacInsiders Announcements 7 08-18-2011 06:10 PM
Titles Book-list 2011/2012 ~*Sara*~ Academics 33 08-06-2011 08:17 PM

Fall 2012 Book List is Now Live!

Old 08-09-2012 at 12:47 PM   #16
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THEY CHANGED THE BOOK FOR PSYCH 2AA3 AGAIN?! They just changed it last year and forced us to buy the new one for $140!!
There should seriously be legislation against changing the book during a certain amount of time! Students are being completely ripped off by not being able to sell their books back or buy used books.
I definitely agree with you here. Though I think based on the title of the new textbook (it's the same but says custom after it), it will likely be a version that is the same minus the chapters we didn't have as readings last year. So hopefully we can still sell our textbooks!
Old 08-09-2012 at 02:56 PM   #17
Goran

Liked: 43 Times

Great, just fucking great, pretty much every textbook is now $100+
Old 08-09-2012 at 03:09 PM   #18
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

Only two of my courses are listed... O.o
Old 08-09-2012 at 03:17 PM   #19
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
Great, just fucking great, pretty much every textbook is now $100+
Buy online, titles is always expensive
Try alibris or abebooks. Or you could try to google search for 'buy canada textbook online'. Or the title of your book. Just make sure its one of those distributers that sells a lot of books, not some random sketchy site. Amazon and ebay work too.
Old 08-09-2012 at 04:18 PM   #20
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Buy online, titles is always expensive
Try alibris or abebooks. Or you could try to google search for 'buy canada textbook online'. Or the title of your book. Just make sure its one of those distributers that sells a lot of books, not some random sketchy site. Amazon and ebay work too.
Make sure they're the same edition, too. Books you buy online or even books bought from another student can be different editions or volumes so make sure they're the same.
Old 08-10-2012 at 07:45 AM   #21
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Buy online! check out www.booksprice.com I always end up saving at least 40% each year, sometimes up to 60%.

In first year, taking into account the books I sold afterwards, I only spent about $150 on books