MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best links/sites/videos/pics on the net tanniegan Computers & Tech 22 08-06-2010 08:12 PM
How to get to Webster fall raine General Discussion 1 05-29-2010 01:01 AM
course selection fall 2010 jasmin Academics 5 03-08-2010 07:06 AM
First Year: Engineering 1 fall '09 xxsumz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 22 06-23-2009 07:06 PM

Fall at Mac Campus- Pics

Old 10-25-2008 at 05:34 PM   #16
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times

Thanks! I took those on thanksgiving day because I stayed at Hamilton for the long weekend. So I went out and took these pics The red leaves one I think it's from the big tree near ITB and new engineering building.
Old 10-25-2008 at 10:00 PM   #17
aj-maxx
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

Nice work guys..
I took pics of campus when the leaves were still green..lol
Apparently it looks awesome-r in the fall...
Old 10-26-2008 at 03:13 PM   #18
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

thanks chad
I took my pics on Thanksgiving day as well... even though I went home, I came back a day early lol
Old 10-26-2008 at 04:09 PM   #19
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Let me just say that... once you go SLR, you never go back...

Anyways!

If any of you want to share your photos with the Marmor, McMaster's official and oh so snazz yearbook, send them to [email protected] a
Old 10-27-2008 at 12:52 AM   #20
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Hey, whats the deal about getting your pic in the yearbook. We have to get one taken at the photo studio in the student centre (Lifetouch) correct - and do not need to pay to have the photo taken except need to pay a fee for the photographers time... at least this is what I have read. Im just curious as I booked a time for my grad photo shoot this week but dont know what I have to pay for and what I dont, there were no prices told to me on the booking website other than there is a photographer fee of some sort. I will ask once I am there, but I think they need to make these things a lot clearer!

Also, are yearbooks free for grads?
Old 10-27-2008 at 10:38 AM   #21
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

We should probably write something about this, eh?

But yea, you just make your apointment with Lifetouch in the student center. There were three plans that you could get and the difference in heach was the amount of shots you got to choose from and whether or not you had the 'casual' option (as in you wear whatever clothes you want). I believe I had paid $35 and I got the middle one. The other plans didn't vary in price by much around this point so I believe the bronze plan would have been $30 and the gold would have been $40.

All of these photos go in the composite and then are sent down to us (eventually) to process for the yearbook.

Lol paying for yearbook... well there's a line in your supplementary fees that pays for it. You've been paying somewhere around $8 each year in your supplementary fees, which adds up to about $32 by the end.. When you graduate, you give your address to the ALUMNI association. With that information, the yearbook is mailed to you. Make sure you give your info to the alumni so that you still are able to get it!
Old 10-27-2008 at 02:30 PM   #22
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

The Marmour (AKA your yearbook) is paid for by your student fees, so there is no extra charge for it. You will be mailed it sometime after graduation.

Photo fees are as follows:

Sitting fee:
based on the sitting you choose. Last year there were three options
- ones with the cap and gown
- ones in "contemporary" clothing
- some other one that can be taken outside or with friends with and without the cap and gown
Each sitting has a different fee, starting at around $35.

If you do not get any photos taken you won't be in the Marmour nor will you be on your program(s) composites.

Photos:
About four weeks after you get your photos you will get a package in the mail that explains all the packages and their costs. You don't have to get any if you don't want to.

More photos are taken on the day of commencement as well, which again have a fee and are not mandatory to purchase.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-27-2008 at 10:51 PM   #23
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

sweet. Thanks for explaining, and this definitely will be posted in an article soon enough hehe. Add to Temara's article in the drafts Danielle!
Old 10-28-2008 at 08:30 AM   #24
kevinf

Liked: 2 Times

Here is one of my better shots... a "Grassy Knoll" ... the nice tree by the far parking lot.

http://maclanclub.x10hosting .com/i...assy_knoll.jpg
-Kevin

Last edited by kevinf : 10-28-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-29-2008 at 07:34 PM   #25
Chris L

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Hey, whats the deal about getting your pic in the yearbook. We have to get one taken at the photo studio in the student centre (Lifetouch) correct - and do not need to pay to have the photo taken except need to pay a fee for the photographers time... at least this is what I have read. Im just curious as I booked a time for my grad photo shoot this week but dont know what I have to pay for and what I dont, there were no prices told to me on the booking website other than there is a photographer fee of some sort. I will ask once I am there, but I think they need to make these things a lot clearer!

Also, are yearbooks free for grads?
Check the confirmation email that you got when you booked the photo shoot. I just booked mine and the email had info about the sitting fees.