MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opportunities Expo Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 03-09-2009 07:40 PM
Career Services Opportunities Expo Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-06-2009 11:22 AM

Fan Expo, anyone?

Old 09-19-2010 at 08:45 PM   #16
sweetrachel

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

...So you'll be in the general vicinity when it's going on, but partying elsewhere just to spite them? =p
Duh, how else do you make a point?
Old 09-19-2010 at 11:36 PM   #17
Sayora

Liked: 1 Time

Many things in my life are full of win, indeed. Entropy, this is unrelated to the topic, but I think we met at the MacInsiders social? I was the asian chick with long hair.

I got to cons more for the panels and dealer's room rather than the celebrities so that hype was lost on me. As I got the weekend pass and missed all the panels i wanted to go to because of the line on Sat for re-entry, I was most displeased. Though I did have a good time at the Loose Moose with friends instead of waiting in line lol

Since my highlights of the con were the hotel parties and hangouts with friends, why pay to enter the con next year if there isn't a significant improvement? All that means is supporting companies to act however they please to increase their profit without thinking of the happiness and satisfaction of the fans
Old 09-20-2010 at 12:29 AM   #18
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayora View Post
Many things in my life are full of win, indeed. Entropy, this is unrelated to the topic, but I think we met at the MacInsiders social? I was the asian chick with long hair.

I got to cons more for the panels and dealer's room rather than the celebrities so that hype was lost on me. As I got the weekend pass and missed all the panels i wanted to go to because of the line on Sat for re-entry, I was most displeased. Though I did have a good time at the Loose Moose with friends instead of waiting in line lol

Since my highlights of the con were the hotel parties and hangouts with friends, why pay to enter the con next year if there isn't a significant improvement? All that means is supporting companies to act however they please to increase their profit without thinking of the happiness and satisfaction of the fans
Yep, I remember. Pleasure to meet you.

I'm a touch shallow when it comes to the female celebrities (though Summer Glau's an adorable actress/dancer and I really like Felicia's singing voice), but for the most part, it's pure respect that drives me to see them. It's as close as I'll ever get to meeting character X from show Y, and Amano pretty much never leaves Japan, let alone make appearances at random Canadian conventions so there's no turning that opportunity down.

The dealer's room was full of (mostly) overpriced stuff that I could get cheaper online, so that didn't appeal too much to me. The few panels I went to were awesome though, and since I've already had my fair share of celebrities I'll probably go to more next time 'round.

The bigger building (can never remember if it's north or south) has already been booked though, so I can't imagine next year being anywhere as "bad" as this year was.

I'm not typically into the night scene, but I s'pose if I lived in the area/had a hotel, I wouldn't mind checking it out. I guess I see what you mean though, if I were a con vet then I guess I'd be pretty displeased too.

...But since I'm a noob, I had an awesome time. Ignorance is bliss.^^