Your favorite hair salon **jewel 03** Body & Food 2 09-17-2010 09:57 AM
Favorite TV Moments lawleypop General Discussion 38 09-07-2009 09:21 AM

favorite quotes

Old 01-20-2011 at 11:02 PM   #1
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

favorite quotes
hey so i was just wandering - wats your fav quote???

mine hmm thats a hard one ...

maybe: time by moments steals away first the hour then the day - john newton

or

to succeed in life you need 2 things: ignorance and confidence - mark twain

ps. you can make your own up or cite others, these 2 i remeber hearing somewhere and they just stuck with me
Old 01-20-2011 at 11:06 PM   #2
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

"When I was young me and my mama had beef
Seventeen years old kicked out on the streets
Though back at the time, I never thought I'd see her face
Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place"

- William Shakespeare

Old 01-20-2011 at 11:10 PM   #3
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

2pac ............
Old 01-20-2011 at 11:12 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
"When I was young me and my mama had beef
Seventeen years old kicked out on the streets
Though back at the time, I never thought I'd see her face
Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place"

- William Shakespeare
Are you sure that was Shakespeare?

One of my all-time favourites:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” -Marianne Williamson

aya017, ikantsepll like this.
Old 01-20-2011 at 11:14 PM   #5
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

"The best way to get what you want is to no longer want it"

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

BlueWave, rexelle, xxsumz like this.
Old 01-20-2011 at 11:14 PM   #6
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” -Marianne Williamson

Coach Carter
Old 01-20-2011 at 11:14 PM   #7
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Elanor Roosevelt

"if you don’t know where you’re going, every road will take you where you want to go." -old saying

"If we resist our passions, it is more through their weakness than from our strength."-François de la Rochefoucauld

"If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything."- Malcolm X

BlueWave likes this.
Old 01-20-2011 at 11:17 PM   #8
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

"Whoa, did Chad stealth-add new features to the bottom of the page, or were those always there?"

-Entropy

Added quotes for on-topic post.

Alchemist11, Rakim like this.
Old 01-20-2011 at 11:39 PM   #9
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Old 01-20-2011 at 11:52 PM   #10
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Physics is to math what sex is to masturbation.
Old 01-21-2011 at 12:04 AM   #11
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

With a proper imagination, this can be both cute and hilarious:

..................... ..................... .........."My absolute favorite piece of information is the fact that young
..................... ..................... ..........sloths are so inept that they frequently grab their own arms and
..................... ..................... ..........legs instead of tree limbs, and fall out of trees."
-Douglas Adams

..................... ..................... ..................... ..................... ................

Old 01-21-2011 at 12:37 AM   #12
WWIIIisNEAR

Liked: 1 Time

I rather die on my feet than live on my knees - Emiliano Zapata
Old 01-21-2011 at 07:43 AM   #13
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

pics or didnt happen

mohammyt likes this.
Old 01-21-2011 at 08:30 AM   #14
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post

Only problem with "not playing small" is when you have no friends because no one likes you/feels "insecure" around you.
Old 01-21-2011 at 08:33 AM   #15
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Only problem with "not playing small" is when you have no friends because no one likes you/feels "insecure" around you.
True. But I've been there, and the way I see it is that if they're so insecure around you to the point of jealousy and/or not liking you, they're not worth your time as friends, not even as acquaintances.