Funny/Random Quotes AdelaisAer General Discussion 25 12-21-2010 09:21 PM
Your favorite hair salon **jewel 03** Body & Food 2 09-17-2010 09:57 AM
Favorite TV Moments lawleypop General Discussion 38 09-07-2009 09:21 AM

favorite quotes

Old 01-21-2011 at 08:33 AM   #16
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Despise not death, but welcome it, for nature wills it like all else.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-21-2011 at 09:32 AM   #17
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
oh come on...

Old 01-21-2011 at 09:37 AM   #18
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
death is for losers
Old 01-21-2011 at 12:52 PM   #19
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Are you sure that was Shakespeare?

One of my all-time favourites:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” -Marianne Williamson

Akeela and the Bee. One of my favourites, also.

"The law, for all its failings, has a noble good- to make the little bit of life that people can actually control more just. We can't end disease or natural disasters, but we can devise rules for our dealings with one another that fairly weigh the rights and needs of everyone, and which, therefore, reflect our best visions of ourselves." Starbuck's The Way I See It #271

AND

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part, you can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" Philosopher Mario Savio
Old 01-21-2011 at 02:26 PM   #20
Furgazi

Liked: 22 Times

still not loving police, still got love for the vaginal crease-- Ghandi
Old 01-21-2011 at 02:39 PM   #21
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
death is for losers
And how does that make you feel?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-21-2011 at 03:46 PM   #22
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

one of my fav poems ~ makes me wish i took the road less traveled and went into something other than life sci ~ but all's equal in the end i guess oh well

- enjoy it

Last edited by Chevalier : 01-21-2011 at 03:48 PM.

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 01-21-2011 at 04:32 PM   #23
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

"WHAT?... OK!"

- little jonathan

Rakim likes this.
Old 01-21-2011 at 04:40 PM   #24
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

hamnahx02 likes this.
Old 01-21-2011 at 05:42 PM   #25
Maitland

Liked: 34 Times

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."
V from V for Vendetta
Old 01-21-2011 at 05:59 PM   #26
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitland View Post
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."
V from V for Vendetta
I loved that part. i had to rewind it a couple of times, lol.

Maitland likes this.
Old 01-21-2011 at 06:16 PM   #27
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

"Among other things, you’ll find that you’re not the first person who was ever confused and frightened or even sickened by human behavior. You’re by no means alone on that score, you’ll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You’ll learn from them- if you want to. Just as someday,if you have something to offer, someone will learn from you. It’s a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn’t education. It’s history. It’s poetry"
-J.D Salinger
Old 01-21-2011 at 06:28 PM   #28
darklink121

Liked: 59 Times

All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one - Scarface QFTW

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-21-2011 at 06:45 PM   #29
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklink121 View Post
All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one - Scarface QFTW
Come on Maximus, you are so much better than Tony Motana

"What we do in life… echoes in eternity!"

"I knew a man once who said, “Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

"Strength and Honor!"

lawleypop likes this.
Old 01-21-2011 at 06:49 PM   #30
darklink121

Liked: 59 Times

Here's another one in which my enemy once muttered

"Am I not Merciful"

lawleypop likes this.