BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie42 View Post
have*

I had to. It bugged me that much.
Does anyone have a firearms license*

I had to. Your lack of editing skills bugged me that much.

Allan likes this.
Old 10-03-2013 at 09:27 PM  
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 10-03-2013 at 09:43 PM   #4
airvcarmelo

Liked: 42 Times

^The only legal reason I could see someone in Canada wanting a gun is to do it as a sport.

afi123, Commie42, Jesse.C like this.
Old 10-03-2013 at 10:22 PM   #5
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Sure, and medical reasons are the only reasons people smoke weed in Canada.
Old 10-03-2013 at 11:10 PM   #6
airvcarmelo

Liked: 42 Times

Well quite a bit of people I know partake in hunting and shooting as a sport.

Jesse.C likes this.
Old 10-06-2013 at 08:16 PM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

You know this isn't a chat room, right? If you're going to ask a question, in a thread, try to fully articulate what you want to know and why. Somebody randomly asking about a 'firearms license' is both suspicious and concerning. This place is also a community of knowledge, so if you're asking a question other people want to know the answer to, carrying through with the discussion in one place helps others answer their own questions they might have been having.

If you have gun-related questions, there is a firearms store on Locke street. The individuals there can answer licensing related questions, help you find a range, or allow you to obtain one through legal means.

VitaSoy likes this.
Old 10-06-2013 at 08:59 PM   #8
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
You know this isn't a chat room, right? If you're going to ask a question, in a thread, try to fully articulate what you want to know and why. Somebody randomly asking about a 'firearms license' is both suspicious and concerning. This place is also a community of knowledge, so if you're asking a question other people want to know the answer to, carrying through with the discussion in one place helps others answer their own questions they might have been having.

If you have gun-related questions, there is a firearms store on Locke street. The individuals there can answer licensing related questions, help you find a range, or allow you to obtain one through legal means.
You know this thread was sorta dead until you replied to it, right?

Commie42, Jesse.C like this.
Old 10-06-2013 at 10:30 PM   #9
RSK1

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
Sure, and medical reasons are the only reasons people smoke weed in Canada.
You do realize that if you want to obtain a firearms license you have to complete the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, successfully pass, have it validated by the Chief Firearms Office, mail it to the RCMP who performs a background check and processes all your information which lasts 2-3 months, which includes contacting any current or past conjugal partners and notifying them that you are in the process of obtaining your PAL.

So what idiot would go through this entire process to ensure their name is registered into the system as being a holder of a PAL, only to commit something illegal and have it all guaranteed trace back to them. Or they can just obtain a firearm illegally and reduce the risk, as people with those intents already do. Idk you're an engineer figure it out.

Jesse.C likes this.
Old 10-07-2013 at 12:00 AM   #10
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK1 View Post
You do realize that if you want to obtain a firearms license you have to complete the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, successfully pass, have it validated by the Chief Firearms Office, mail it to the RCMP who performs a background check and processes all your information which lasts 2-3 months, which includes contacting any current or past conjugal partners and notifying them that you are in the process of obtaining your PAL.

So what idiot would go through this entire process to ensure their name is registered into the system as being a holder of a PAL, only to commit something illegal and have it all guaranteed trace back to them. Or they can just obtain a firearm illegally and reduce the risk, as people with those intents already do. Idk you're an engineer figure it out.
In my experience, world population is 70-80% idiots. You will be surprised what kind of crap some people do. All those cases with shootings in the US that were committed with legal weapons, sure it's much easier to get it there, but take it in the perspective. Don't forget that being registered in the system, does not prevent you from blowing someone's head off, as many crimes are committed in a heat of a confrontation where people don't think of consequences and how easy it will be to trace them.

We are getting off topic here. My original, (as well as many other people's) posts were about OP being suspicious and without substance or point. It's not a discussion of laws.
Old 10-07-2013 at 12:15 AM   #11
Mungo

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
In my experience, world population is 70-80% idiots.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW BALL

to the max
Old 10-07-2013 at 01:29 AM   #12
ta2012

Liked: 36 Times

Welcome to Canada

They don't even let us have pepper sprays for protection against human attacks and we're talking guns??