MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-23-2011 at 01:42 PM   #1
yoshimay

Liked: 0 Times

First Day
This is probably a really stupid question and one that I should already know the answer to. But, when is the first day of school? I'm thinking it's the 8th. Is that correct?
Also, I'm a studio art student. Is there something that tells me which art supplies I should get? Or will the prof tell me on the first day of class?
Sorry, one more question. Should I not go to any of my tutorials the first week since there's won't be anything to do?

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2011 at 01:49 PM   #2
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Thursday, September 8th!

EDIT: yeah, don't go to any tutorials or labs during your first week. Your professor will tell you when your labs and tutorials start. They'll also let you know of any supplies you may need so don't worry about it quite yet!

Old 08-23-2011 at 01:53 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshimay View Post
This is probably a really stupid question and one that I should already know the answer to. But, when is the first day of school? I'm thinking it's the 8th. Is that correct?
Also, I'm a studio art student. Is there something that tells me which art supplies I should get? Or will the prof tell me on the first day of class?
Sorry, one more question. Should I not go to any of my tutorials the first week since there's won't be anything to do?

Thanks!
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...sessional.html

Tutorials and labs don't start until your professor tells you. Generally they'll tell you in your first class, but I've have 1 or 2 classes where they told us to go to tutorial/lab before class started. They told us via e-mail and via avenue (http://avenue.mcmaster.ca/)
Old 08-23-2011 at 02:00 PM   #4
yoshimay

Thanks guys!
About the Mac email, I'm not sure I know how to use it. I clicked on the "Undergraduate E-mail" link on the first MUGSI page, and it brings me somewhere that says I can use my MAC ID to log on. I've tried that though and it doesn't work. Can you help?
Old 08-23-2011 at 02:02 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshimay View Post
Thanks guys!
About the Mac email, I'm not sure I know how to use it. I clicked on the "Undergraduate E-mail" link on the first MUGSI page, and it brings me somewhere that says I can use my MAC ID to log on. I've tried that though and it doesn't work. Can you help?
Have you enabled your MacID services? I believe it's located under "My Profile" in MUGSI.
Old 08-23-2011 at 02:04 PM   #6
yoshimay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Have you enabled your MacID services? I believe it's located under "My Profile" in MUGSI.
Oh, thank you! That worked.
Old 08-23-2011 at 05:19 PM   #7
jen-power

Liked: 1 Time

So if you only have labs and/or tutorials on the Thursday or Friday when classes start, you don't go to them?
Old 08-23-2011 at 05:25 PM   #8
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen-power View Post
So if you only have labs and/or tutorials on the Thursday or Friday when classes start, you don't go to them?
Correct. Your professors will make it perfectly clear when labs/tutorials are starting.