First year eng student :D WikidSik Introduce Yourself 6 08-16-2011 01:37 AM
New Second Year Eng Student cjbirol Introduce Yourself 2 08-09-2011 12:46 PM

First Year Eng student

Old 03-18-2016 at 12:56 PM   #1
carvy

Liked: 0 Times

First Year Eng student
Hello,

Im am currently a first year engineering student. Its soon time to choose a discpline for next year and the only one that really interests me is civil. However, it sounds like a lot of people want to get into that and my last semester average was only a 6...i slacked off a lot. I am very worried I won't get civil as my first choice as that is the only one im passionate about. If I didn't get civil would there be any way of switching into it next year?

Thanks!

a worried first year student
Old 03-18-2016 at 01:10 PM  
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 03-20-2016 at 07:09 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Yes you can switch but that probably requires a higher average at least 7. Work hard now and hope it pays off. Make a backup plan and rank other options ( you may find one you like more)
Old 03-20-2016 at 10:48 PM  
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvy View Post
Hello,

Im am currently a first year engineering student. Its soon time to choose a discpline for next year and the only one that really interests me is civil. However, it sounds like a lot of people want to get into that and my last semester average was only a 6...i slacked off a lot. I am very worried I won't get civil as my first choice as that is the only one im passionate about. If I didn't get civil would there be any way of switching into it next year?

Thanks!

a worried first year student

get off your slacking ass and get to work

Anything first year: talk to Sally Williams. She knows this in and out