MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volunteer Opportunity! arnav Volunteering Opportunities 0 02-23-2011 03:57 PM
Volunteer Opportunity! :) arnav Clubs & Groups 0 02-22-2011 03:32 PM
Job Opportunity Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-15-2007 12:46 PM

Is this first year opportunity worth it??

Old 08-17-2012 at 02:50 PM   #1
Unregistered

Is this first year opportunity worth it??
Dear Mac Pass Registrant/Residence Student,

Welcome Week and the start of your first year at McMaster is a little more than two weeks away! We have been preparing for your arrival for months, we are eager to meet you in early September.

Are you ready to make new friends, get to know your floormates, and meet the other students living in your Residence Hall? We have an exciting opportunity on Monday, September 3 that will help you get to know the people in your 'neighbourhood' by enjoying breakfast, lunch and dinner together under the big white tent in the centre of campus.

How does it work?

By signing up for these three meals, the meal plan you have already purchased will be debited the cost of breakfast ($6.95), lunch ($9.95) and dinner ($12.95). You get all three meals for only $29.35.

There is no need to carry cash! You'll get a special wristband that will be your entry to all all three meals. In addition to eating together with your new friends and floor/house mates, you'll avoid the long line ups at other venues open on the holiday Monday.

What's on the Menu?

BREAKFAST:
Bag Breakfast includes:
large muffin
bagel/cream cheese
cheese croissant
Whole fruit
Juice box
Coffee & tea
Cost $6.45

LUNCH:
Chicken Parmesan Sandwich OR Soy Parmesan Sandwich
Coleslaw
Potato Chips
Cold Beverage
Cost $9.95

DINNER:
Rolls & Butter
Caesar salad
Meat Lasagna
Vegetarian Lasagna
Penne Pasta
Tomato Sauce
Alfredo Sauce
Assorted Bakery Squares
Ice Tea & Fruit Punch
Cost: $12.95

Deadline for Signing Up for the Welcome Week Monday Meals is Monday August 27th at 9:00 am.

You have until Monday August 27th at 9:00 am to sign up for the Welcome Week Monday Meals. You need to return to your Mac Pass registration at and accept the meal plan offer at the bottom of the page.

By registering for these meals you are consenting to having the cost of these meals deducted from the meal plan you have already purchased.
Old 08-17-2012 at 03:19 PM   #2
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Who is organizing this? This seems a bit sketchy.
Old 08-17-2012 at 03:42 PM   #3
Linnifer

Liked: 0 Times

I have a feeling that it'll just be awkward and silent in the big white tent...LOL as for pricing, it really depends on how much you eat I think. I don't eat that much, and I rarely wake up early enough for breakfast as it is so I'm not going to go for it.
Old 08-17-2012 at 04:07 PM   #4
Unregistered

Do I have to buy these foods to get inside the big white tent ;(. I still want to go in the tent but I agree this is way too much food for me, and the cost is too much.