MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Year Science Students -- Free pizza and a great second year program option MedPhys First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 11-04-2010 10:52 PM
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM

First year physique :)

Old 08-18-2011 at 01:38 AM   #46
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Fair enough. But she did state that "spreading your calories out evenly throughout the day will help support a stabilized energy level." Many intensive workout programs encourage the 5-meals-a-day plan to prevent fatigue and boost performance.

Sure, I'll give it a whirl.
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/127/1/75.full

It's a hefty read, but the cliffs notes version of it is in the last paragraph (The explain all their conclusions in that final paragraph).
Old 08-18-2011 at 05:26 PM   #47
shood

Liked: 0 Times

It's all about your level of commitment to fitness.
If you're worried about balancing a social life and fitting in work outs, why not just make going to the gym a social thing? Go with a couple of friends - you'll need somebody to be your spotter anyways if you're doing any lifting, and it's always nice to have a buddy to do your cardio work outs with!
And no, univeristy does not automatically mean study all day, every day. it's about balance. I personally cannot sit down and study for 6 hours straight if I haven't gotten in a good amount of exercise.
Your brain also functions better when you have had exercise, which means you can get the same effect as studying for a long time by studying for smaller blocks of time, but being more efficient in those times. Same goes for sleep; no sleep means you won't be able to focus and then studying just becomes a waste of time.
Figure out a routine that works for you - going to the gym in the morning, between classes or at the end of the day - and make sure you balance your life out - and you will be fine.
Oh, and avoiding the pizza can't hurt either!