MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling 1st year Science books (Bio + Physics)!! predator Academics 2 09-15-2009 10:48 PM
science year 1 books for sale rhea_dalal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-13-2008 02:31 PM

First year science books

Old 11-30-2009 at 01:34 PM   #1
DinoLinh

Liked: 0 Times

First year science books
For Linear Algebra 1B03: Elementary Linear Algebra - Howard Anton, Chris Rorres (9th Edition) with Wiley Plus for $70

For Physics 1L03: Physics for the Life Sciences - Martin Zinke-Allmang for $70

For Physics 1B03: Physics for Scientists and Engineers - Randall Knight for $50

For Bio 1M03 and 1A03: Biological Science - Scott Freeman (3rd Edition) both Volumes, with CD and Study Guide for $80

For Math 1LS3: Modeling the Dynamics of Life - Adler for $40

All books are in excellent condition.

Email [email protected]
Old 11-30-2009 at 01:43 PM   #2
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

there is a marketplace section where you can post this type of thing.
Old 11-30-2009 at 01:50 PM   #3
DinoLinh

Liked: 0 Times

I actually just saw that. Sorry for my lack of attention before.
Old 12-01-2009 at 12:41 AM   #4
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

I wish I had known how the textbooks were used in the courses, I could have saved a few hundred dollars. I have not had a single course use the textbook for anything besides a reference.

When textbooks arent being bought back, and people dont want them, they ditch them near the buyback. I have a few different first year versions of the Calculus/Chem/Physics books. I could have easily used those books I got for free, and just matched the section titles. Right now the CHEM1E03 textbook is horrible so I use a much better written one and just read the equivalent chapters.

DONT BUY TEXTBOOKS UNTIL YOU ATTEND CLASS AND SEE HOW THEY ARE USED. Otherwise find the resources online, or "outdated" books. That is for science courses, arts are different.