MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-30-2011 at 04:43 PM   #1
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Flats ?
...This is awkward, lol. Kay, so here it goes :
It was the last week of the school year. A classmate sitting in front had worn a pair of new flats, which I took little notice of then. The same pair of flats were seen on one of the poster-adds running across the side of my FB page. These flats then showed up on several pairs of feet passing by on sidewalks, at stores etc. This is when it really started bugging me. Once while at the subway station, I noticed a girl sitting on a bench, reading a magazine, wearing the flats. Casually passing by, I tried catching a glimpse of any piece of writing stating the brand, so that I could later search it up on Google. But after passing by 2 times, that too in close distance, I decided that I had crossed the bar of creepiness & it was best to ask y'all.

All that I’ve got for a description is: It’s made of fabric. It’s brand new; I’m guessing launched sometime in 2011 (this would probably be the most important point). Umm, it’s characterized by a few folds that are made across the toe cap (another important point). The rest of it is all stiff fabric (no leather, no plastic, no fluffy, pretty flowers). It’s pretty plain and simple. What else.. It kinda looks like this:
http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/02114-5143250/Franco+Sarto/Khaki+Canvas/Women's+Whip.aspx

Excluding the soles; the soles aren’t visible - they’re of the same fabric. & that’s about it. They come in various khaki shades, similar to the colour of these flats. I’m sorry that’s all I got :( Anyone know the brand? Thanks guys, any help would reaaally be appreciated.
Let’s do this.
Old 07-30-2011 at 04:54 PM   #2
s.ma
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 4 Times

omg yes i have been seeing those everywhere...
i forgot the name....-.-
Old 07-30-2011 at 05:05 PM   #3
goldfish101

Liked: 19 Times

They're probably by the company "TOMS", which is extremely trendy right now. I.e. everyone has them. Aldo probably has them. I don't own a pair of Toms shoes (they're pretty costly for a pair of slips in my opinion) but they do give a percentage of the price to charity.

-Ish- says thanks to goldfish101 for this post.

s.ma likes this.
Old 07-30-2011 at 05:08 PM   #4
missscarlett

Liked: 9 Times

How about these TOMS?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...V656B9F1FJP4WD

They have the folds at the toe you mentioned, fairly recessed soles (so you wouldn't see them), are very plain, and are made of burlap which would explain the khaki colour.

You can see a couple variations here (http://www.tomsshoes.ca/womens/new-s...home-072011_20) but I thought the pair on Amazon I linked best fit your description.

ETA: Aw, goldfish, you beat me to it.

Last edited by missscarlett : 07-30-2011 at 09:58 PM.

-Ish- says thanks to missscarlett for this post.

-Ish- likes this.
Old 07-30-2011 at 06:39 PM   #5
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Yessss ! Finally
Thanks sooo much gurls