MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
past tests, notes, labs for chem bio 2a03? jordan19 Academics 4 09-02-2010 08:36 PM
CHEM 1A03 Formal Labs? resh.jyoti Academics 1 11-15-2009 07:41 PM
Question about CHEM 1A03/AA3 labs and tutorials VoyozooT Academics 2 06-25-2009 09:54 AM
Chem 1A03 Labs on Fri??? zemianr Academics 0 09-14-2008 09:43 PM

Formatting of first year engineering chem labs?

Old 09-15-2008 at 05:04 PM   #1
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Formatting of first year engineering chem labs?
I have a lab tomorrow, and am pretty much ready for it, but I'm kind of unclear on the formatting. I bought that "Student Lab Notebook" as required, but I don't understand how I am supposed to enter the information. The lab is the titration lab.

Each sheet has a margin down the center. Am I supposed to write down one column at a time, or directly across? And am I supposed to underline titles, dates .etc?

Another thing I am confused about is the fact that the sheets appear to be copy sheets. How does this work? Which am I supposed to hand in?

Also, with the prelab questions, where do I write them, and is there a certain formatting they are supposed to follow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2008 at 08:28 PM   #2
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

It's really up to you the way you want to write as long as it's neat and understandable. I usually write across, not down the columns...I basically just ignore that centre mark, unless you want to use it to divide your page if you're making a chart for example.

The formatting is the same like in highschool pretty much. I usually did the prelab questions right in the chem lab notebook, but before I started the main lab report. No real formatting with prelab questions, I just answered whatever was asked of me. You just write the purpose, procedure (Refer to CHEM 1E03 Manual), Pbservations, etc.

Yes, you should underline titles, and name your tables/graphs, theres a box on top for your name, date and Name of the Lab so you should fill that out for each page - just in case one page happens to fall out of your stapled report they know who it belongs to.

Yep, they have the carbon-copy sheets. You rip out the yellow sheets and hand them in, you keep the white ones. Don't forget to place the periodic table below the yellow sheet so your writing doesn't go further than you need it to. Your Lab TA should explain what he/she wants. They usually write out tips/guidelines on how they want your lab and what they're expecting from your discussion/analysis during your lab. I also believe there was a lab outline on webCT, so you might want to check that out. Hope that helped ...titration lab was pretty straightforward!