MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Latest Mac In A Minute - Feb 24 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-18-2010 12:26 AM
*NEW* Post Threads In SRA Connection Forum Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-13-2010 01:22 AM
Latest from the Casbah Chad General Discussion 3 08-24-2008 09:41 PM

Forum glitch where you can't see the latest posts in threads

Old 09-20-2010 at 05:37 PM   #1
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Forum glitch where you can't see the latest posts in threads
Can this be fixed? It's pretty annoying to see someone has made a post in a thread, but when you click on the last page, their post doesn't show up. Only after another 2 or 3 people make posts, do all the posts finally show up. Is this a problem only I'm having?
Old 09-20-2010 at 05:39 PM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Everybody's having the problem. Quick fix solution is to change the number if posts you can view in one page but even then it doesn't always fix it.

ie: I had to it default, couldn't see the new posts, changed it to 40, couldn't see the new posts, changed it to 30, and then I could see them.

And it's not permanent either. Just b/c it works in one thread doesn't mean you won't have to change it again for another thread.

Super annoying.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

jhan523 says thanks to lawleypop for this post.
Old 09-20-2010 at 05:46 PM   #3
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

I believe it only happens to posts after they just get giant, so the annoying one, the mac social one and some other ones
Old 09-20-2010 at 05:49 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

On the topic of bugs: why can't I see the "Recent 1st Year Help General...." tab in internet explorer? I can't stand using MI at school because I lost my USB with my firefox installer on it, LOL
Old 09-20-2010 at 06:04 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakattack View Post
I believe it only happens to posts after they just get giant, so the annoying one, the mac social one and some other ones
Nah, pretty much happens with any thread that has more than a page worth of replies on it.

Old 10-12-2010
EasternHeat
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 10-14-2010 at 07:18 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

I'm trying to recreate the issue and find the problem. It appears to do with the thread post counts. They aren't updating fast enough or properly.

Other forums seem to have the problem too, as Vbulletin (the system we're running on for the forum) customers have brought up the glitch before but I can't find anyone that has found the solution

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...st-thread-page

A bug has been filed with VB staff
http://tracker.vbulletin.com /brows...al l-tabpanel

No updates yet. Any ideas or if you find a solution online, PM me.
Old 10-14-2010 at 07:21 PM   #7
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Someone suggested changing your settings so that the newest posts show up first. So I think it was -linear-ascending? Anyway, it works and now I can see all the new posts

Old 10-14-2010 at 07:23 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
Someone suggested changing your settings so that the newest posts show up first. So I think it was -linear-ascending? Anyway, it works and now I can see all the new posts
Yuck, gross. I don't care if that fixes the problem, I'm never switching it to that. XD

Old 10-14-2010 at 07:24 PM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

That works, but I really hate threads that go backwards. Hard to follow the conversation, especially if you're coming into it fresh and there's 5-6 pages of posts to catch up on. Reading posts backwards isn't fun at all haha.

I've noticed the issue now tho and am looking into fixes.

I've currently changed the number of posts that defaultly show in the thread and seeing if it makes any difference.
Old 10-14-2010 at 07:31 PM   #10
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That works, but I really hate threads that go backwards. Hard to follow the conversation, especially if you're coming into it fresh and there's 5-6 pages of posts to catch up on. Reading posts backwards isn't fun at all haha.

I've noticed the issue now tho and am looking into fixes.

I've currently changed the number of posts that defaultly show in the thread and seeing if it makes any difference.
Agreed. Reading threads backwards is just messed up. Hopefully you find a fix soon.