MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-12-2011 at 07:58 PM   #1
kgrun

Liked: 1 Time

French 2B03/2bb3
I want to do a minor in french but was wondering how difficult it is to get into the 2b03/2bb3 courses... do they fill up really quick like 1A06 did?

musicislife likes this.
Old 06-12-2011 at 08:05 PM   #2
musicislife

Liked: 10 Times

I second this question!

Oh and hii Kayla yayy we can take french together again!
Old 06-12-2011 at 08:09 PM   #3
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

no lol i think everyone gets in
Old 06-12-2011 at 08:13 PM   #4
bubbly

Even if the course is full, and you don't get in by September, you can always email the French department to open up a spot for you!
Old 06-17-2011 at 03:03 PM   #5
kgrun

I hope you guys are right... the course filled up FAST. A few people I know trying to get in emailed the department and the answer always is keep trying... :(
Old 06-17-2011 at 03:12 PM   #6
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

I'm in the same situation and no, not everyone gets in

I emailed my 1A06 French prof to see if she could get me a spot and she emailed the French coordinator, but he told me that there was nothing he could do since I'm only doing a minor. The spots are saved for people doing a Major or a Double Major in French. He told me the best I could do was to keep trying, or to do a "de facto" minor, where I don't take 2B03/2BB3, but take two other courses. That way, I can still take 24 units of French and it'll be an undeclared minor