MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
French!! elliot First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-21-2011 03:03 PM
French nlobo Academics 1 08-11-2010 11:37 AM
French Professors ?? help ! :) blurt. Academics 2 06-30-2010 12:53 PM

French

Old 08-14-2011 at 10:20 AM   #1
LivLucy

Liked: 0 Times

French
Hey everyone!

So I have been trying all summer to get a spot in French 2B03/2BB3 with no luck at all. I am currently in French 2JJ3 but just realized that is conflicts with one of my required courses that only has one core.

So basically, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting into any other French courses including 2B03/2BB3 or 2H03, 2G03 etc.

I was also wondering if there was anyone I could call at the university for help, I've tried calling the french dept. but only got through to an actual person once and they couldn't help me at all.

Thanks for any help/advice in advance!
Old 08-14-2011 at 07:20 PM   #2
kgrun

Liked: 1 Time

I actually ran into the exact same problem. I emailed Dr. Kliffer, the undergraduate chair and I asked if he could open a spot up in (then I listed all possible courses that could fit in my timetable).
He said he couldnt open anything up in terms of 2b03/2bb3 which I kind of figured since everyone who's either in the french program, is minoring in french or need to take specific upper year courses that have 2b03 or 2bb3 as a prereq need it eventually. He however opened a spot up in 2E03 and 2F03, two literature courses. So I think you should try contacting him!
Old 08-14-2011 at 09:49 PM   #3
siddiquo

Liked: Liked 3 Times

I got into both 2B03 and 2BB3 - although I had to adjust the latter. They put me into CO2, and I needed to get into CO1. Wasn't too difficult.

Also got into 2G03.

Definitely try calling!
Old 08-14-2011 at 10:16 PM   #4
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Lol Omar that's because you're doing a double major. I think it's pretty much impossible to get into 2B03/2BB3 if you're just minoring, I know 5 other people who haven't gotten in. I emailed Dr. Kliffer too and he said there wasn't anything he could do since the spots are reserved for people doing major/double major and the best I could do was to just keep trying. He did suggest I do a "de facto" minor though
Old 08-14-2011 at 11:04 PM   #5
ellerytc

Liked: 25 Times

same here,

so far I've had to settle with 2AC3 and 2E03, and I've also been checking every day...getting really frustrated with this :|

kgrun likes this.
Old 08-14-2011 at 11:28 PM   #6
siddiquo

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Yikes, that's true...

Best of luck, guys.