MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frost Week Fun with the IRC! dimoxyel MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-03-2010 06:22 PM
Frost Week!! lorend General Discussion 3 01-07-2008 09:30 PM
Frost Week on it's way! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-27-2007 02:39 AM

Frost Week

Old 12-09-2009 at 09:39 PM   #1
joannasmith

Liked: 1 Time

Frost Week
Do we have any information yet on frost week 2010 in January?!
Old 12-09-2009 at 09:47 PM   #2
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

there is a VOLV clubbing event/ bar hopping sort of thing going on.

its $15 for a ticket for the week. it was pretty sweet last time.
Old 12-09-2009 at 09:53 PM   #3
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Yes!

I'm actually one of the Frost Week Coordinators for SOCS, so I can tell you a bit about what's going on. I'll be writing a more indepth article about it as the week draws closer, but there are lots of events going on throughout the week.

If you're in SOCS, you'll be able to participate in our wicked week long scavenger hunt, our game of assasins, and lots of other cool activities to win points for your team. The team with the most points will win wicked sweet prizes, as well as sweet bragging rights. To sign up your team, please email [email protected] . (Max of 6 members, if you can't find other members for a team but still want to participate, email us and we'll be able to put you into a team)

There's also the Midnight Skate (open to all Mac students), which takes place on the Wednesday. It will be at olympic arena (its about a 20 minute walk down Cootes), and will last from 10pm to midnight. SKATE RENTALS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE ARENA, SO IF YOU ARE GOING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS REMEMBER TO BRING SKATES WITH YOU! We'll be organizing a list of places in Hamilton that rent skates before the event, but you'll be responsible for getting and returning them.

On the Thursday will be a themed night at 1280. The theme hasn't been confirmed, but it will probably be something winter related.

Friday is the SOCS mystery trip! Don't worry though, its open to non SOCS members as well!

Saturday is the SOCS Crystal Ball Formal, all the details are here.

There are also lots of fun non SOCS events, the IRC is running:
Broom Ball Tuesday 5th at 6:45pm
Polar Bear Run Wednesday 6th at 2:30pm
LAN party Friday 8th 7pm

And there's always the MSU carnival to look forward to!

Any questions can be PMd to me, or emailed to [email protected]

Jessicaaaa says thanks to Marlowe for this post.
Old 12-09-2009 at 10:12 PM   #4
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

I did nothing last frost week... >:

SOCS Crystal Ball sounds nice. Too bad I'm lonely and bitter.
Old 12-09-2009 at 10:19 PM   #5
Marlowe
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
there is a VOLV clubbing event/ bar hopping sort of thing going on.

its $15 for a ticket for the week. it was pretty sweet last time.
Yes, there's the VOLV marketing one and one run by Limelight Media. Both are run by outside companies, which have no association with the MSU, SOCS, or the IRC. Something they haven't exactly been stressing

I'm sure it will be a great time, and I like the idea of a private company being able to run an event like this. The amount of money you'd save from cover for five nights by buying a wristband is a lot. I hope that people have fun, and that the companies make a nice profit for their efforts.

For those of you who aren't into the club scene (or at least not the 5 clubs in 5 nights scene), there are lots of great events run by the MSU, SOCS and the IRC that I would consider to be a lot more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
I did nothing last frost week... >:

SOCS Crystal Ball sounds nice. Too bad I'm lonely and bitter.
You can get involved this Frost Week! I'm sure some people would be interested in putting together a MacInsiders team, especially if you're on the team

And you could always be my date <3

Last edited by Marlowe : 12-09-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2009 at 10:49 PM   #6
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post

For those of you who aren't into the club scene (or at least not the 5 clubs in 5 nights scene), there are lots of great events run by the MSU, SOCS and the IRC that I would consider to be a lot more fun.

ew IRC. They are so lame.
Old 12-09-2009 at 11:00 PM   #7
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

Alumni has a carnival on the Thursday. Be there from 11:30-12:30 to be part of a really cool, once-in-a-lifetime event.

I can say no more .

huzaifa47 says thanks to deadpool for this post.

huzaifa47 likes this.
Old 12-09-2009 at 11:06 PM   #8
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

The MSU runs faculty Olympics. One of the more underrated and highly unattended events of frost week. Last year for SocSci only four reps and myself as a regular socsci kid cCshowed up. It was similarly underattended by other faculties. We have regular stuff like snow ultimate, street hockey, sled racing, tray tobagonning and so on between faculties. Then my most favourite event was Inter Faculty Capture the flag; which turned into Engineers vs Humanities...I kind of loved frost week. I would highly encourage all of you to contact your faculty reps(unless you are in commerce who most probably won't sign up like last year) and participate.

As for the thing Rohan mentioned, I know what he's talking about and trust me its MASSSIVE & EPIC. You do not want to miss that Thursday between 11:30-12:30! It's level of epicness something Mac hasn't even come close to in a long time

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 12-10-2009 at 02:27 AM   #9
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
The MSU runs faculty Olympics.
Untrue! It might be the case this year, but last year it was later in the year. The next week I believe.
Old 12-10-2009 at 02:40 AM   #10
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
Untrue! It might be the case this year, but last year it was later in the year. The next week I believe.
Hmm; I just remember the CTF being on a Wednesday and then Faculty Olympics being on a Friday/Saturday. Dunno whether that was the first weekend or the one after.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 12-24-2009 at 12:54 AM   #11
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

will they still be selling the wrist bands on Jan 4th?
Old 12-24-2009 at 01:14 AM   #12
Marlowe
Elite Member

Just a heads up! Anyone looking to stay updated or get involved with the SOCS-ier events can join the facebook group here.
Old 12-26-2009 at 12:30 AM   #13
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Can't wait till Frost week!