MacInsiders Logo

Fullmetal alchemist

Old 10-10-2011 at 01:07 AM   #1
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Fullmetal alchemist
I dont watch anime but on netflix i came about this series and watched epesode 1 and i liked it.. Has anyone saw the whole season , how was it
Old 10-10-2011 at 01:48 AM   #2
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

I've seen the original and Brotherhood, it's a pretty good show! Certainly not the very best, but it's pretty entertaining and a great time killer, i'd recommend it.
Old 10-10-2011 at 02:08 AM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

pretty decent abuncha stuff was repeated i dont remember why. was def a good series being one of the first few anime i watched
Old 10-10-2011 at 02:42 AM   #4
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

It's definitely one of the better anime out there, up there with Death Note, Ghost in the Dhell: SAC, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo. It's worth watching and so are any of the other ones I mentioned, whether or not you're normally into Anime.
Old 10-10-2011 at 09:33 AM   #5
slx4

Liked: 4 Times

FMA Brotherhood was awesome, especially in HD
Old 10-10-2011 at 10:12 AM   #6
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

its a pretty wicked show, i think the original is completely in englsih, not sure if they finished brotherhood in English or not, but yea ive watched both and they are pretty sweet. if u like them ull also like code geass which was pretty interesting. but yea thats pretty much where my anime exp starts and ends.

edit: other than pokemon pokemon was the best... though i havent watched it in a looong time, it was still the best.
Old 10-11-2011 at 08:24 AM   #7
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda View Post
I dont watch anime but on netflix i came about this series and watched epesode 1 and i liked it.. Has anyone saw the whole season , how was it
Very good anime overall and deserves much of the hype (unlike Naruto...). Watch Brotherhood if you can - its longer but you have so much more invested in the characters at the end it worth it. Brotherhood btw is available in dub (my files are mkv and have both - I remember because it made it impossible for me to play it on my TV :c)

Its also one of the few I'll watch in English (though I like the Japanese better) - definitely one of the better dubs.

Also, Royza ftw.

Last edited by britb : 10-11-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-11-2011 at 08:39 AM   #8
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

watch brotherhood and not the original first/
Old 10-11-2011 at 06:46 PM   #9
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

its great! i watched both in dubb cuz the english actually sounds nice in this anime lol.

i watched the original first then brotherhood! watch the original first or else wen u watch it after watching brotherhood ill feel like you lost so many of the characters from brotherhood...trust

Last edited by omgwtfitsp : 10-11-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-11-2011 at 06:51 PM   #10
ymichael

Liked: 0 Times

If you're interested in an anime with an interesting and emotional storyline with lots of action then check out Bleach.
Old 10-11-2011 at 09:56 PM   #11
traveler10

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymichael View Post
If you're interested in an anime with an interesting and emotional storyline with lots of action then check out Bleach.
bleach was only good till ep 62. after that , with all the crappy filler arcs, they ruined the show. It got a bit better around the ichigo vs grimmjow fight but then it dropped back down.

i have seen a fair bit of anime and i wud say that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is one of the best anime out there. Its pretty complete and decently developed and executed.

TL;DR = Its good. 10/10 in my books.

*note: Don't compare it with other tv shows out there, tv shows and anime have a different 'feel' to them.
Old 10-11-2011 at 10:16 PM   #12
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

I really like Bleach and managed to stick around even after the Bountu arc. Aside from the filler episodes (which are terrible even for filler) it really is an awesome anime/manga series.

My personal favorite:

After spoilers: Ichigo beat Aizen I stopped reading the manga because it got really weird. I get that everything has to built back up but man is it boring.
Old 10-11-2011 at 10:19 PM   #13
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
I really like Bleach and managed to stick around even after the Bountu arc. Aside from the filler episodes (which are terrible even for filler) it really is an awesome anime/manga series.

My personal favorite:

After spoilers: Ichigo beat Aizen I stopped reading the manga because it got really weird. I get that everything has to built back up but man is it boring.
Start reading again, it's getting better

RememberTwce says thanks to MichaelScarn for this post.
Old 10-11-2011 at 10:30 PM   #14
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarn View Post
Start reading again, it's getting better
I'm on 452 right now. I'll wait until they get ~20 chapters ahead then I'll go on a nice reading spree.

MichaelScarn likes this.
Old 10-11-2011 at 11:12 PM   #15
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler10 View Post
bleach was only good till ep 62. after that , with all the crappy filler arcs, they ruined the show. It got a bit better around the ichigo vs grimmjow fight but then it dropped back down.

i have seen a fair bit of anime and i wud say that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is one of the best anime out there. Its pretty complete and decently developed and executed.

TL;DR = Its good. 10/10 in my books.

*note: Don't compare it with other tv shows out there, tv shows and anime have a different 'feel' to them.
I have to agree with this, I remember when I started watching anime 8 or so years ago, it was off a friends recommendation to watch FMA and after I finished he flat out told me he couldn't think of any other anime with the same quality and whatever he recommended next wouldn't be as good. FMA really is one of the better anime out there.